1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rubber bumper

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Bullfrog1, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullfrog1

Bullfrog1 TS Member

0   0   0

The trigger guard on my BT99 distroes my finger I was told I can buy a rubber bumper to put on the guard. If any one can tell me where to find one or has one for sale. Thank you for your time. Bill

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

Maybe you could just put a little piece of firm, pressure sensitive adhesive-backed foam rubber on it. Or coil some black yarn around it as a cushion.

Just a thought.

-Gary

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Just a suggestion. If you're getting bumped by the trigger guard you might be holding too close to it and it has a chance to bite your bird finger at recoil. If you put one of those bumpers on it will force you to move your hand rearward away from the metal of the trigger guard anyway, so you may just try that before buying one. I tried one many years ago and the rubber beat the heck out of my finger about the same as the trigger guard.

4. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

0   0   0

Here you are.

5. Bullfrog1

Bullfrog1 TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks Tom sent off and bought one today.19.00and 10 for shipping. Thanks again.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Zard's right. All of my P triggers are "set backs" because I have small hands and experienced the same as you. I used to have an over/under with two triggers. When I shot the front trigger the guard would cut my middle finger. When I used the bumper it made it harder to even reach the front trigger and then the bumper would keep my middle finger bruised for the rest of the hunting season.

I hope the bumper works for you though. Good luck.

7. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

0   0   0

I am having a similar problem with my PFS. I think my hand slips on the slick plastic grip, even wearing gloves. I'm ready to try pine tar! Does a better grip surface make sense? Ron

8. joegriff

joegriff Member

0   0   0

I've put the rubber bumpers on both my BT-99's. That cured my beat up middle finger problem. I have normal size hands and fingers and shoot very heavy loads. End or problem for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.