1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rubber band shell catcher

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bsekf, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsekf

bsekf Member

I remember reading something about making a shell catcher with a rubber band. How???? Need to improvise for a youth trap shoot.

Bill

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

It's easy.

Take a rubber band and put it around the receiver over the ejection port so that when the shell is ejected it hits the rubber band.

3. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

The best shellcatcher bands were the ones you can get at the Post Office. Wider, thicker, and about 3" in diameter. They fit tight on an 1100 or SX-1 and will last for many rounds before needing replacement.

Any trap shooting mail carriers out there? If so, you know which bands I'm talking about.

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

The big thick rubber bands that hold bunches of vegetables are also very good as shell catchers .... plus they are free, when you buy veggies.

5. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

If you are ever in need of a shell catcher and have nothing, and shoot an 1100, take one of the metal rings out of your gun. The bolt will not open fully, and all you do is manually open the gun to extract the shell after firing.
    Steve Balistreri

6. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

You must be talking about an A-5 not and 1100 ??? What you suggest I think would be dangeres

7. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

N.J.Bob:
    It is not dangerous, will increase a little more recoil though. My friends and I did it for years with an 1100.
    Steve

8. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

On an 1100, you can also remove the extractor, and the fired shell will fall into the chamber for easy removal.

LA in MA

9. JDSENIOR

JDSENIOR Member

I've used the rubber band shell catcher method for years on SX-1's and 1100's with great success. Just remember to remove the band when your finished shooting as leaving it in place for an extended period will effect the bluing in a negative way. Don't ask me how I know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
rubber band on 1100

rubber band shell catcher

rubber band trap
rubberband shell catcher
shell catcher rubber band
using a rubber band as a shell catcher