1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RSO class needed in the Seattle Area

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cableguy, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

I'm looking for information on an RSO class somewhere in the Seattle area. One or two of my shooting buddies, plus myself would be interested. Does any one have any info?

2. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

Seattle Skeet & Trap (Ravensdale, above) offers them occasionally. Brian Lowe at SST would know when they or Cascade Rifle & Pistol (who shares the facility with them) may have the next one. Black Diamond Gun Club offered some recently, and plans to again this winter. The chief RSO who's the instructor would be able to give you a rough idea when it'll next be, I'll guess about January. Black Diamond will definitely have 1 or 2. They have over 50 people currently trained as NRA certified RSO's, and have a growing list of people who want a RSO class (http://www.claytargetsonline.com/club.php/1926) Hope this helps. Phil E

3. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

Phil E.

Thanks! I'll be contacting both clubs tomorrow.

One last bump to see if there are any more.

Shawn

4. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

Shawn: No problem. Incidentally Black Diamond is open for public trap Wed's 6-10pm. The chief RSO is on duty on the handgun range Wed's about 4-6pm (although sometimes not the 1st or last Wed,) and the handgun range is open to the public 6-8:30 on Wed's, so if you went to talk to him (name's Jack, ex-Special Forces, you can't miss him, crew cut, built like a fireplug, arms roughly the size of a normal man's thighs, nicest guy I know) between 4&6pm, you could even stay & shoot some trap and/or pistol. Phil E

5. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

Phil E. A request for info has been sent to Black Diamond and, a phone message left at SST. Thank you for the help..

Shawn

6. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

Phil,
    Unfortunately, I'm about a hundred miles north plus a ferry ride. Trips like that require prior planning. Since I work 6 days a week, and always have a honey do list, it's tough. I'll give it a try though.
    On a side note, most special forces or, ex special forces guys that I've known are always the nicest guys you'll ever meet... Unless you piss them off.... I try really hard to not piss them off.

Thanks for the help.

Shawn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.