1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rruger Mark I versus Mark II

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sliverbulletexpress, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Bolt hold open, one more round in the magazine, don't remember anything else. BTW you can use the MK2 magazines in a MK1 if you switch sides of the follower button, it was on the right on the Mk1 and on the left on the Mk2 IIRC.

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

MK I = nine shot clip, bolt doesn't stay open on last round.

MK II = 10 shot clip, bolt locks open after clip is empty.

MK III = same as II but has round in chamber indicator on side.

I would pick the I and II over the III. Personal preference.

3. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Anyone know if Mk2 and Mk3 22\45 magazines are interchangeable?

I hear a lot of grumbling about the MK3 pistols not being as reliable as the Mk2's and 1's maybe because of that stupid loaded chamber indicator.

4. art g

art g Member

Mark III has a "magazine safety" which is the first thing to get rid of if you get a III. Replacing the Mark III hammer and bushing with a Mark II is the way to go. art g

5. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I have owned and shot both the Mk I and Mk II 5 1/2'" bull barrel pistols. Both are excellent and very accurate.

I prefer the Mk II over the Mk I for all of the features noted above plus the rear of the tubular receiver of the Mk II has dual angled cuts that allow grasping of the slide much easier when cocking the pistol.

Ed Ward

6. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Mark I, great
    Mark II greater, with my two favorites being the kmk 514T and the Governement Target model in stainless.
    Doug Allison

7. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

In additon to one being a 9 around and the other a 10, the button you pull down on with your thumb to assist in loading on the Mark I magazine itself is on the opposite side of the magazine as the Mark II. I own one of each.

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.