1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

RP 20 wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bwana64, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bwana64

Bwana64 Member

Does anyone have a recipe for loading Remington RP20 wads? I'd prefer to have a target load, if possible. Any help using up old reloading stuff would be appreciated.
    Tom
  2. Bob_K

Bob_K Active Member

I looked in my Lyman series of Shotshell manuals, and did not see any RP20 wads listed in editions 2 thru 5. In edition 1, the Remington wads were using a number designation. Is there a number on the packaging? A Remington wad brochure shows this wad as a Trap & Skeet wad, but the OAL is 1.350 vs. an OAL of 1.585 for the RXP20 wad. That short length indicates to me that it was for a hull with a very high basewad, and I don't know of any like that commonly found today.
  3. acorange

acorange Member

My old Hercules manual lists 15 gr. of Unique with 7/8 oz. of shot with lower pressure with the RP 20 wad than the same load with the AA wad.
    This is approx. 1145 FPS and it shoots very well for me and it seems to load easier than the AA wad.
    There are also some 1oz. loads with this wad with 16gr/1165fps and 17gr./1220fps
    of Unique with a lot of wad pressure compared to the 7/8 oz. load whitch has hardly any.
    The above loads are in the pre-HS AA hull with any Rem./Win. or equivilant primer.

Hope this helps...
  4. Bwana64

Bwana64 Member

Yes, acorange, I see that in the old Hercules book, but I don't have those old hulls. Just the AA hulls.
    Tom
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.