1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Routing a Comb piece?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by high 2, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. high 2

high 2 Member

Are you going to do the cut with a router?

2. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I don't really know if there is a common size of radius used...I know the Browning factory hardware is 1/8" radius. But otherwise, I know that Graco doesn't radius the corners on their hardware at all. Josh

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Jolly- I think the darkside was asking about the cutting of the comb and not the hardware.

When I cut the comb, I make the radius at each end to what I'm comfortable with, when using a 1/4" blade on the bandsaw. Lay some tape on the stock, draw a line parallel with the top of the comb marking the depth, and then draw a few different radiuses free hand and find one you like.

Doug

4. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

I think what he is asking about is "What is the radius of the top of the comb?" Sounds to me like he making a new comb and want to run the top of it through a router bit to get the initial curve of the top. I would think using an 1 1/2 beading bit or a 3/4 inch round over bit run on a shaper would do what you want.

Chad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.