1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Route from Sparta to Cardinal- Travel Advisory

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Aug 18, 2013.

1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Dunno if this will help anyone since most everybody traveling from sparta to marengo probably already has, but if you can, try and avoid I70E, which is what you'll be on if you go toward Indy then east.

Came through there yesterday and today, LOTS of construction delays. Nobody actually working, but cones up and a lot of two lane into one deals (apparently everyone in the world forgot how to merge at speed, and has to wait until the last 3" to change lanes). I imagine it will be worse during the week when they're actually working. Took me about 45 minutes to go 10 miles @ one point.

I took the route through Cincy and Louisville on my way down (south), and that was significantly better, so it would probably be a better route north as well.

Hope someone can learn from my experience LOL

2. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Did you go visit Uncle Brain while you were that close to him ???

3. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Indy area was a mess two years ago when I came back from the Grand.

We went via I64 going and 70E returning.

I like the Southern route better, but may be out of the way for many people.

We hit Indy during rush hour which was a real mistake.

Regards....Gerald

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

shotgunpeople- Unfortunately he was 1.5hrs east of the closest I got to him. And given the fact that I decided to go about 24 hours before I actually left, I didn't leave myself enough time to make plans.

OTH- Going through Louisville only adds 10 minutes to the trip according to my google maps app. It would have saved me @ least an hour.