1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rousing rendition of the Nathonal Anthem

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by g7777777, Jul 5, 2013.

1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Not like some of those that have been chosen to sing this

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

It gave me goosebumps. I don't think many singers will put their hearts into that song like Military personnel will. Bulge.

3. Steve A.

Steve A. Member

Sounded just the way it ought always to be sung...........and those fellows looked great in uniform.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Very nice, check out the rendition of Whitney Houston singing the National Anthem ... She did a great job also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

That was our National Anthem! The way it should be sung. It shouldn't be an entertainment spectacle, by being changed for a personal version or gain, IMO. It seems that is what it has become, anytime the military is not performing it.

While I think Whitney Houston's rendition was close to this version, it at that time in our history had special emotional value, and was sung with that emotion, and with her fantastic, powerful voice, making that particular instance very special. I remember very clearly, how moving, emotionally it was.

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

This was being sung by the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

He wasnt in the choir or the glee club in college.

Think the supporting singers might have been under a little pressure? It will make a story they will tell their kids.

Regards from Iowa

Gene