1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rottweil Trigger pull

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by teleskier, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teleskier

teleskier Member

I just took possession of my "new to me" Rottweil combo. It seems to me the trigger pull is very light so I took it to a shop when I was out of town this weekend and had them put their scale on it. It measured a hair over 1 lb.

That seems really light to me and can't imagine anyone purposefully having that done to it. Assuming his scale was correct, how can I increase the trigger pull on this unit?

Does anyone know what the "stock" trigger pull was on the trigger from a AAT72?

2. teleskier

teleskier Member

3. teleskier

teleskier Member

4. teleskier

teleskier Member

I think their scale was off a bit. I put it on another scale and the bottom trigger measured 2.5 lbs. and the one for the upper barrel was 5 lbs. My opinion is 5lbs. is too heavy for a target gun. I am having the lower increased and the upper reduced so it is 1/2 lb. more than lower barrel trigger.

5. ole 31

ole 31 TS Member

I measured mine at 3 and 1/4 lbs.Ijust have the unsingle bottom barrel. I have another with one barrel if you want me to dig it out of safe.

6. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

Why don,t you change and put a new hammer spring on the bottom barrel and then check it again, but 2 1/2 is just about perfect. If you have been shooting a gun with a heaiver pull it will take you a little time to get use to the lighter pull. Then you will love it. GIVE YOURSELF SOME TIME WITH IT!

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

My P single gun has a 22 ounce pull and has for 25 years. An over/under requires more engagement for safety reasons. Hap

8. teleskier

teleskier Member

The gun is off to be worked on now so I can't just change out the hammer spring. Before work is started I will ask the gunsmith to check on his scale then if needed to put a new spring in it as I have several new ones I sent him with the gun. If that does not change anything then I will have him work it. I just could not imagine such a wide spread from 2.5 to 5 lbs. between the triggers. Most of the time it is my understanding that there is usually a .5lb difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rottweil trigger