1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rottweil sigle barrel trap????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ks5shooter, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Anybody know about this gun?Its a Rottweil single barrel trap shotgun with case.Worth? Quality? Collectable? thanks Don

2. argus tuft

argus tuft Member

No collector value as far as i know, these guns were made for Dyamit Noble by an Italian I think one of the Gamba's who now makes sewing machines, no parts are available, however if you can still track down Mr Gamba he has parts and bits and pieces left over, they were good quality and if you can get it at a junker price then you can shoot and enjoy it until it fails which could be many years down the track or it could fail tomorrow.

Argus

3. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I shot one at the Grand sometime in the 70s. I think it was a model AAT or something around that. The maker if I recall was or is F ELY Gamba (spelling?)
    The gun swung very well and seemed to be well made. If you can buy it right go for it. Gerald

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

There are two models of this gun. One is the 720AT and other is 720AAT. I *just* added the "0", left them of, sorry to confuse.

I had one, but can't remember which is which. Important consideration is that one had the drop-out triggers, adjustable rib, etc., and that one is the most valuable. Other model had non-drop out triggers and is an EXACT duplicate of the Franchi 2005 and 3000 series. Nor nearly as nice a gun.

The Gamba (also an Edinburg) is NOT the Dynamit Noble model is is NOT the best of the two. The Gamba models always cracked or broke their forearms. -design problem.

Whiz

5. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Thanks for info!Anyone know what a model 720 super trap might be worth?This is how my dealer described it . thanks Don

6. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I know of one combo that was put to the test..The fella shot it for years and never had a problem except with a main spring sleeve for the trigger. Actually wore thru one of them. I replaced it for him and he shot it for probably ten more years after that. Haven't heard form him in a long time, who knows, it might still be running strong.

Big Jack

7. Tigerbeetle

Tigerbeetle TS Member

I was given one by my father-in-law a few years ago and didn't get around to shooting it until a few weeks ago. It is the 720 model by the way.. I have not shot trap in at least 25 years when I left North Carolina and the Durham County T&S Club. Anyway, I love that gun. Ran a 23 on the first round, missed two easy birds (guess they weren't that easy.) on station five. Birds were going off to my right, and I think I got my head up and shot over both of them. Shot another round and on station 3 I got to thinking about the 2 I missed and missed one practically straight away. Then, I be derned if I didn't miss the same two birds again and ended up with a 22. Still,I was very pleased with the outing. That 720 was smoking the birds with 71/2 shot. Nice shooter.

It is hard to find any information on the gun. Best I was able to figure was mine was probably made circa 1974. Good shooting!
    Bob

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

One of my shooting buddies here in AZ just recently got one. He's on a total streak with it too, two 97s and two 98s in a row from the 27!! He smokes them hard with it too. Hap

9. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

anyone know a value of the forementioned gun?thanks Don

10. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

I just bought it with factory case as new $775,who thinks its a good deal?....Don

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

WTG Don!! Great buy my friend!! Hap

12. DT10Sam

DT10Sam TS Member

You did well Don. Great deal!

Regards,
    Sam

13. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Good price.

14. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

If the gun has drop out trigger it is a 72AAT--- If it does not have drop out trigger it is a Model 720. A very good gun and I would say you did get a bargain. Very well built. Jimmy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.