1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rottweil Model 72 AAT Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rjhart01, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjhart01

rjhart01 Member

I am considering buying a Rottweil Model 72 AAT Trap Combo. It has a 32" single barrel with adjustable rib and a set of over/under barrells also 32". All are fixed choke. One barrell has one star stamped on it and the other has two stars. The gun looks to be in excellent condition with no visiable marks/scratches on the wood or metal. My research has not come up with any information on the reputation of the gun or any information on its value. Does anyone have experience with and/or knowledge of this gun or manufacturer?

Thanks

Randy

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Adj. rib, a wedge slides back to raise it. Might be a removable trigger.

One star is full, 2 is mod.

HM

3. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Who you gonna find to fix it when it breaks? And all makes breaks

4. GP40X

GP40X TS Member

I have the same combination on two different guns instead of a combo. The two stars is Improved Mod. Its a good gun. Laurence Pylinski, in Cumberland, VA, and Chris Vendel are both excellent Rottweil smiths and have most critical parts available.

Lane.

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Laurence Pylinski is an excellent gunsmith and machinist. He has almost every part for the guns or can make them if he doesn't. I'm sorry but I don't have his phone number handy perhaps someone out there would be kind enough to post it.

I would call him before buying the gun there were a few of them to stay away from and he'll tell you if you should get the one your looking at.

Joe Goldberg

6. elinvar

elinvar Member

Excellent shotguns and way ahead of their time- I have had 5 different ones over the years and still have 1 32 inch single and a 3 barrel combo set.
    The real early ones had some parts issues and might be avoided- Parts are available so don't worry about that.
    They are light. I went from a Rottweil to a Ljutic and it took a while to get used to the heavier gun.
    Terry Jones

7. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

# for Mr. Rottweil Laurence Pylinski 804-357-2393 He also advertises in T&F magazine. Todd

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

There were two nearly identical models by NAME ONLY.

The 72 AT and 72 AAT. I have one, but can't remember which name it was. If your or this one has the drop-out triggers, it was a helluva gun. Beautifully made triggers, as well as adjustable POI via the front hanger bracket.

The "other" model was nothing more than a Franchi 2000/2005/3000/2005. I have one of these here now. Not the greatest gun; terrible trigger pulls and no parts available. FIE Corporation out of FL was the importer. I bought out their parts when they ceased - nothing left now.

Whiz White

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
woodstock for rottweil model 72

rottweil model 72