1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rottweil Combo F/S

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by darr, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Rottweil Super Trap combo.34" top single choked full.32" o/u with Carlson screwin chokes.Full,modified,and 2 skeet.It has a soft touch recoil reducer and 143/8" lop.Comes in original hardcase.Gun locks up tight and I would rate it at a conservative 90%.$2100 delivered from my ffl to yours.I could email pics if I have to.I would considersome trades.Looking for a straight stock for 682.Also would be interested in a 260 Rem. with great optics or even a .264 Mag with great optics.Both with a little boot.

Darr Wilson

2. arkolaron

arkolaron TS Member

ROTTWEIL SUPER TRAP COMBO 34 UNSINGLE 32 DBBL IN GREAT SHAP UPGRADE WOOD NEW 2350.00 RON

3. darr

darr Well-Known Member

This gun is still for sale.It will be shipped insured by UPS ground.My ffl to yours.Pics still available.

Darr Wilson

4. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

I never heard of one.

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

They were just as well known on the skeet fields during their hayday. paxton shot one, I believe buddy boss shot one when he shot the 1st 650 at the world as well. Craig parsons from here in NY also knew how to break targets well with one.

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Don't mean to hijack the thread,,,but does anyone know what the ultimate downfall of these guns was? They seem very well made, and still have a cult following to come extent. Production costs, lack of an importer, lack of sales?

7. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help Mike.

8. schooner

schooner Member

Please send pics.thank you Peter Morgavio

9. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Want to sell o/u barrel seperate please email thanks Don

10. Racerx

Racerx Member

Please send photos . Is your combo set newer with a 73xxx number or a older combo that's 70xxx ? Thanks.

11. Racerx

Racerx Member

Still waiting on photos ??

12. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The Rottweil came into prominence in the 70's when it was used by an East German to win the Worlds championship in Skeet. Why it didn't become more popular was simply because Perazzi and Krieghoff dominated the market at that time.

13. Racerx

Racerx Member

Thanks for photos !! What's the serial number's 1st two ?? 71XXX or 73XXX ??

14. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Great I own a communist skeet shooting gun Lol.To answer your ? the serial # is 67xxx.Both barrels and receiver match.Thanks.

Darr

15. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

As we now know the East German athletes were also taking performance-enhancing drugs. So you've got a druggie communist skeet shooting gun. However, Rottweil quality was second to none, so somebody will get themselves a great combo for the price of a Beretta 391 Teknys trap gun.

16. darr

darr Well-Known Member

You read it from dickgtax this is a trap combo on steroids.It is a descent gun and I am open for offers.

Darr Wilson

17. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

The first 500 straight ever shot in singles in NY State was shot with a Rottweil. Sure is a nice swinging gun. I have owned 2 of them.

18. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

The truth about the Rottweils failure is as follows. They came out and were selling just fine in the 3500 to 4200 dollar range as combos. Singles with the adjustable rib were selling for over 2000 at one time. The guy who was importing them got into some kind of financial trouble and was forced to liquidate all the guns he had. The guns were then selling for less then 700 dollars and the "Value" of the gun was ruined as it was then seen as a cheap gun that was overpriced. If you look at one of the drop out triggers they were( are) truly a thing of beauty. I won't argue that Perazzie dominates the market but it was not the reason that the Rottweil fell from grace. These guns are made ( Were made) in Italy by Rennato Gammba and were imported under the German name Rottweil. These guns may have been designed in Germany but thye were NEVER produced there or imported from there. They were built in Italy. This is my undestanding of the Rottweil and why it failed . I own two of them and I love them. Jeff

19. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Here are pics in photobucket,I think.

Darr

http://i298http.photobucket.com/albums/mm245/DarrWilson/P1000264.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm245/DarrWilson/P1000262.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm245/DarrWilson/P1000260.jpg

20. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Photos available on preceding post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.