1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rottweil 720 trap combo sets

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nudehunter1, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nudehunter1

nudehunter1 Member

anyone heard of Rottweil trapguns blowing extractors and barrels parting, taking receivers with them?

2. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

No---have you ?

3. comando

comando Member

Some of the Rottweil barrels where flawed from the factory. The thing to look for is three small holes under the extractor. (see photos below)If you have one of these barrels with the holes do not shoot it, Have it check out by someone how knows Rottweils. I had mine check out by Pylinski Arms (804)357-2393. My Rottweil combo was OK
    [​IMG]

4. nudehunter1

nudehunter1 Member

I got the same story/picture from L Pylinski. One of my barrel sets have the holes under the extractor, another respected Rottweil repairman says its not a major concern, and has not experienced this kind of failure. I'm wondering what the real risk is. how often has this occurred? just this last winter on trapshooter we saw several cases of the K-guns having barrel failures with catastrophic results each with its own set of possible causes.

5. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

holes or punch marks?

6. nudehunter1

nudehunter1 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    punch holes or drill holes interesting, I inserted a sewing pin into the holes, one went in 1/32" one went in 1/16" and the center one went in about a quarter inch. they also seem to be square. what have I got here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rottweil 720 abzugsgruppe

rottweil 720 trap repair

rottweil arms