1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rosetta Stone Language System

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shooterguy, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooterguy

shooterguy TS Member

Has any one used this system? I am going to Bolivia on a medical mission and wondered if it is worth the money. I have sent for the trial lesson but would like an opinion from some one who has uesd this system.

Thanks,

Fred

2. Bustedemall

Bustedemall TS Member

I'd get one and take it with me just incase someone down there wanted to learn english.

3. 100straight

100straight Member

shooterguy,

What have you found out about quick language systems? I will be in Ecuador in January, and need to be able to communicate enough to get around. E-mail me if you want. Drop the XX.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

4. R_T

R_T TS Member

Both Bolivia and Ecuador report Spanish as their "official" languages but you will discover that there is an immense difference between the Spanish you'll learn from language tutors and the language as you'll hear it spoken in-country. The difference can be so pronounced that I have seen native-language Spanish speakers who were unable to understand much of what was being said to them in Bolivian Spanish.

In Bolivia, besides Spanish, there are literally dozens of other languages commonly spoken with each region of the country having its own specific languages and dialects.

Spanish is far more widely spoken in Ecuador although many other languages and dialects exist.

Michael

5. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Bolivia and Ecuador are both "Castillanos" that is where you hear the difference in pronunciation. There is also some influence of Portuguese (Brazil/Buenos Aires)

Best to contact a language person to get a tutorial on exactly which phrases you will find useful and concentrate on those. The first one I would ask for is, "do you or anyone else speak english!"

6. 100straight

100straight Member

You might want to read the quote below taken from a site that is specifically about Ecuador. As usual people on this site who know it all, usually don't. The link is above.

"Ecuador is the South American capital of Spanish study. The small republic has earned this title for good reason, most importantly because Ecuadorians speak clear, pure Spanish and use much less slang than many South American and Central American countries."

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

7. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

Would somebody reply to the question asked as I would like to know how the system works as well.

8. tachyon

tachyon Member

The system works pretty well. They have two versions of Spanish, one for european spanish and one for latin america/south america. The LA version will be better for your needs. If you put in the time it is a good way to learn enough of the language to get around.

9. B.C.

B.C. Member

not worth the money, get a simple to use version on ebay for about $20.00 or less. I speak from experience, bought Arabic , then a simple version of Arabic and Italian from ebay, hope this helps, B.C.

10. KiloMike

KiloMike TS Member

I can't speak for the Spanish versions of Rosetta Stone, but I have the Russian version and love it. It is a very natural way to learn the language. But learning to type with the Cyrillic alphabet is a killer!!!

Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.