1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Room at the Grand for 8/10 & 8/11

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joannl030, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joannl030

joannl030 Member

We are looking for lodging for only 2 nights at the Grand. We haven't started calling hotels yet, but felt posting here first may be a good way to get some great ideas.

We will be leaving NY Tuesday PM and arriving sometime Wed 8/10 AM. Shooting Thurs 8/11 8am event and heading back home early Friday.

If anyone can give us some good ideas since it's only 2 nights versus the entire week it would be appreciated. We have never been to Sparta and are looking forward to it.

Thanks in advance!

Jo Ann & Jerry

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Jo Ann,

Congratulations on your win.

My advice to you, and it's the same advice I give to my Champions, would be to get to Sparta, if at all possible, so that you can at least shoot the Clay Target Championship on Wednesday. This will give you 200 singles targets to get used to Sparta. Not that it's necessarily different, but it is the Grand, it is bigger, there are more people, you want to get settled down, and you don't want to go into the Champion of Champions event "cold."

With that said, since you will be coming from the east look for motels in Nashville, Pinckneyville, and Du Quion. You could try the La Quinta Inn in Mascoutah. It's about the newest property in the area (3 years old) and it's a pretty easy drive down to the WSRC (about 35 miles away). The La Quinta Inn is at the I-64/IL Rt 4 interchange.

Enjoy

Scott Hoover

ATA Delegate, Utah

ETA: Just checked Expedia, the LaQuinta has rooms on the 10th and 11th for $79/night. Not a bad price.

3. joannl030

joannl030 Member

Thank you for the ideas. I was able to book a room this morning so we are all set. I completely agree with you regarding shooting on Wed. It will probably just be practice due to not knowing actual arrival time.

Thanks again and good shooting!
    Jo Ann

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I didn't see this earlier or i would have told you "Do Not" stay at the Budget Inn or Sparta Motel both in town Sparta. They are both crap holes and should be shut down by the health dept. If thats where you booked, please rethink your decision. No exageration. Good luck and have fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.