1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ron Paul’s presidential run.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Trapshooter1, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

What does anyone think of Ron Paul running again? My son is on a kick about this man running and seems to think the sun rises and sets in his ass. I personally think the guy can only hurt the Republican Party. I feel this way because if he does not get the nomination he will turn tail and run as an Independent again. I also feel the guy is a bumbling Idiot. But thats just me.

2. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Ron Paul is very accruate on his subjects. Problem is he is not crismatic enought to attract the dimwitted who don't understand economics. The biggest thief is the federal reserve system the is privately held. The Fed. Reserve system is in name only. The second biggest thief is the IRS who collects the payments for the FDS at the taxpayers expense. On that note people need to have enough common sense to understand and vote for the right thing no matter how much it may hit their own pocket book. Right now everyone is looking to vote the right way if it don't hit their pocket book.
    Remember the saying, ( A recession is when my neighbor loosed his job. A depression is when I loose my job.) That is how people are looking at it now. Wild Bill

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

When the last presidential campaign started, everyone thought that Ron Paul was a kook. Me too. Look back on what he said then and look how ALL of the candidates for the nomination are saying the same things NOW!

He has changed the conversation. He was vindicated in 2010 when the country responded by electing many to Congress who think largely as he does.

I don't know if he will be the candidate or if he will be elected BUT his impact on American politics is enormous. Others get the credit but he was the first with the vision and courage to articulate these policies.

Ron Paul is still way out in front in a philosophical sense. Many of the things he is saying which seem "way out there" sound strange to our ears which have been conditioned by the corrupt mass media. In time they will become more familiar and their meaning more acceptable as we stop waiting for Dan Rather, Chris Mathews, Keith Olbermann and Katie Couric to tell us what to think and begin using our own brains.

4. CaptainJack

CaptainJack TS Member

Ron Paul is our only hope of getting out of this mess we are in. He was right in 2007 and he is right now.

5. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

Both of my 20 something sons support a Ron Paul/Ted Nugent ticket. Young, conservative and redneck to the core!

6. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Where he is good, he is very good, where he is bad, he is horrid!

Overall he is still a Libertarian in lame-wolf clothing. Check out the true Libertarian Party platform, on open borders and extreme free trade. The Devil is always in the details.

Check out the article I have attached here, see if you agree with his stand on legalizing drugs? If you want to fake a fix on the economy, because the Fed and Fannie and Freddie have us beyond hope. Or, if you believe that legalizing drugs will cause a dramatic turn-around to competence and diligence in the next generation - vote for Ron Paul --- heaven help us.

It's a Brave New World, and your Soma is on the way.

IMHO,
    Kip

7. CaptainJack

CaptainJack TS Member

With all due respect Kip, that article and your statement is mis-representing Dr. Pauls position. Answer me this, how is getting the federal government out of the equation and turning that responsibility back to the states making it legal? Don't you believe that we should follow The Constitution? Or just selectively? This position that Dr. Paul has is all about "States Rights". The 10 Amendment.

By the way, if the country was to have a sound commodity backed currency and there was no need for the "Federal Reserve", Fanny and Freddy could not have happened. We would have been forced to live within our means.

8. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

I personally like Dr. Paul. He has no chance and thats a shame. He has good sound policies that could really turn the country around. He's my choice.

9. warren

warren Member

I agree with Captain Jack,Ron Paul is called radical and stupid but I think our present Gov't is radical and stupid they are the ones that got us into this mess. Open borders and extreme free trade sure sound better than the mess we have now. Check out Stossell on Fox just listen to what these "Libertarians" have to say it sure beats what we have now.

warren

10. CaptainJack

CaptainJack TS Member

National Review - "The War on Drugs is a colossal failure" - supports Ron Paul's bill

Right on Marijuana

27 June 2011

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ijuana-editors

The War on Drugs, which is celebrating its 40th year, has been a colossal failure. It has curtailed personal freedom, created a violent black market, and filled our prisons. It has also trampled on states’ rights: Sixteen states have legalized “medical marijuana” — which is, admittedly, often code for legalizing pot in general — only to clash with federal laws that ban weed throughout the land.

That last sin is not the War on Drugs’ greatest, but it is not insignificant, either. A bill introduced by Reps. Barney Frank (D., Mass.) and Ron Paul (R., Texas) would remove the federal roadblock to state marijuana reform, and though the Republican House seems almost certain to reject it, the proposal deserves support from across the political spectrum.

While we would support the total demise of federal marijuana laws, this bill simply constrains the federal government to its proper role. The Constitution allows the federal government to restrict interstate commerce, and the federal laws forbidding the interstate transfer of marijuana would remain in effect. The feds would also still intercept drug shipments from other countries.

What would change is that states — if they so chose — could legalize pot that is grown, sold, and consumed within their own borders. The Supreme Court has said that the federal government may regulate not only interstate commerce, but any activity that has a “substantial effect” on interstate commerce. It has further asserted that pot that is never even sold, but grown for personal consumption and never crosses state lines, can in aggregate have such an effect and therefore may be regulated. But the Court has not said, as House Judiciary Committee chairman Lamar Smith wrongly asserted, that Congress must regulate so comprehensively.

In addition to bringing federal pot laws in line with the Constitution and allowing states to pass reasonable marijuana policies, this law would eliminate the frightening discrepancies between state and federal policies regarding “medical marijuana.” In a society under the rule of law, a citizen should be able to predict whether the government will deem his actions illegal. And yet in California and Montana, businesses that sell medical marijuana — an activity that is explicitly sanctioned by state law — have been raided by federal law-enforcement officers.

Public opinion is such that fully ending the drug war is not within the realm of political possibility. Returning marijuana policy to the states, however, is a workable idea, and it would mark an excellent first step toward real reform.

11. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

Has anyone read his news letters from back in the70's, 80's and 90's? Have you seen his picture taken with neo-Nazi leader Don Black and his son? Are these fake or am I missing something. I have read a lot of his news letters and some are great. A lot of them are way way out there. He says he is for term limits and has been in congress for over 20 years. He has voted for gun control several times. He even thinks we should not have Killed Bin Laden. Whats with that? He thinks we should have let them arrest him and then turn him over to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

trapshooter one:

RP is correct in pointing out that Bin Laden was summarily murdered by President Obama. While we all applaud the demise of evil, its how its done that affects the long term. Obama blew it in several ways, diplomatically and legally. He violated our constitution and laws, period. Like it or not, our relations with Pakistan are in a vortex, and will negatively affect the outcome in Afghanistan. All of the sacrifices of our men and women in eradicating this evil will be for naught.

Do I agree with RP one hundred percent? No, but I agree with more of what he says than so many other of the politicians out there.

Just my opinion.

Dave

13. dave-320c

trapshooter one:

RP is correct in pointing out that Bin Laden was summarily murdered by President Obama. While we all applaud the demise of evil, its how its done that affects the long term. Obama blew it in several ways, diplomatically and legally. He violated our constitution and laws, period. Like it or not, our relations with Pakistan are in a vortex, and will negatively affect the outcome in Afghanistan. All of the sacrifices of our men and women in eradicating this evil will be for naught.

Do I agree with RP one hundred percent? No, but I agree with more of what he says than so many other of the politicians out there.

Just my opinion.

Dave

14. dave-320c

trapshooter one:

Just my opinion.

Dave

15. dave-320c

trapshooter one:

Just my opinion.

Dave

16. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

I cannot side with a person who stands in line with Neo-Nazi’s. I was not raised that way. I think he will only hurt a viable Republican from beating obama. If he does not get the nomination he will turn tail and run as an Independent. That hurts a reputable candidate. These are only my views and I see a lot of people think he will be good for this Country. I guess time will tell. If he is the best we have to offer GOD help us please. I see four more years of tax and spend.

17. CaptainJack

CaptainJack TS Member

About the newsletters, I looked into this when I was first thinking of supporting Ron, and it popped like a soap bubble. I just encourage people to look into it themselves, because Ron is the uncommon candidate who looks better, the more you look into him. His consistency and adherence to principle is absolutely inspiring, and you don't get the full impact unless you look into him yourself, so I encourage you to do so.

Go to Ron's youtubes or to any speech. The man has now been in the public eye for most of 30 years, and there isn't a racist bone in his body. If you care, the NAACP district chief for his district even said he wasn't racist when the newsletter issue broke when he was running for congress. The interview is on youtube, and the guy's name was Linder if you want to look it up.

The left is already attacking Ron in the primary because Obama's lousy performance is shaking loose some progressives, and they are saying all the things you say in your post.

If you go by the timeline of when the news broke, that 'confirmation he wrote them' is nothing of the sort, but was just an assumption Ron wrote them from their being in the 'Ron Paul newsletters' which he merely submitted the occassional piece to. He was practicing medicine full time and had a paid editor separately managing the newsletter. Meanwhile Ron had no pr staff, being in private medical practice, and didn't know about this until 10 years later.

18. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Ron Paul a Nazi- I've heard it all now. Next somebody will accuse Obuma of being a capitalist or Joe Biden of being brilliant. Egads.

19. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

I put them both in the same class as ron paul. Bumbling Idiots! Paul might just see to them winning again. He will not get the nomination and will turn and run as an Independent. Then he will pull votes away from the Republican Party. He has done this in the past. He is a republican, then he is not, then he is. So what will it be this time?

20. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Has Paul said that if he didn't get the nomination that he WOULD run as an independent?

When he touts the Tri-Lateral Commission and a government cover up of the Kennedy assination,,,,that puts him out of reach for many....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.