1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ron Paul, you gotta love hin

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smokerz, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

Ron Paul, you gotta love him

In the last debate, the question asked was "would you, as Presdent, invade Iran?"

First to answer was Romney: "Well...uh...I'd have to ask the lawyers."

Second was Paul: "Ask the lawyers? ASK the LAWYERS!!!!???" "Hell, just read the Constitution!"

Donations and support for Paul are increasing every day. Naw, I don't think he'll get the nomination, but at least the man can read the Constitution, and speaks some sense.

2. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

He's a certifiable idiot!

Buz

3. Bernie

Bernie TS Member

Yea, only a nut pays attention to the constitution- DUH

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Didn't know that RuPaul was running well at least he has some backing from Elton.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TDqPpbqSnAI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TDqPpbqSnAI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Fog

5. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

With the choices we seem to be faced with I was seriously contemplating voting Libertarian--------'til I heard Ron Paul in the debate this evening?

John C. Saubak

6. tgun90

tgun90 TS Member

Nut case or not the guy makes sense, witch leads me to believe maybe he;s the only one that really understands the issues.

7. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

He's another Ross Perot. His foreign policy is just crazy. Not good crazy either.

8. MikeS

MikeS TS Member

If you are really for the issues, try the quiz/poll in the link above.

The results might suprise you.

Mike

9. atashooter

atashooter Member

In my life, I have watched many debates. NEVER have I heard a candidate be Boo'd. Last night was the first, and it happened twice.I actually couldn't believe it, but I heard it with my own ears...

10. calilori

calilori TS Member

These polls are completely invalid for me because they never mention the second amendment. I would think that would be high on the list of most of us who post on this site.

11. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

On the subject of the second amendment, Ron Paul is a clear supporter of those rights as well as everything else described in the US constitution and it's amendments. The man has a consistent record of voting the way he tells people he will. I don't understand why some of the posters here consider him a nut case. I just don't see it. Unconventional perhaps, crazy no.

What would be really crazy is to not get behind this guy and give Hillary a free path in the 2008 presidential election.

12. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

His take on the war and the middle east overall is the turn off for me. I think he may have some good economic ideas, but we have these towelheads that want to kill us on our own soil. His answer is to apologise and get out of the ME altogether. Sounds nice on Youtube.com, but not the reality. Ron Paul is to the GOP like Obama is to Hillary Klinton. They will do nothing but suck the votes away from both.

13. AAfan

AAfan TS Member

My problem with him was illustrated last night. Every answer to every problem was the same, solve Social Security, "Get out of Iraq!", solve the Health Care crisis, "Get out of Iraq!". Name a specific idea that he does have other then that? Plus My vote is simple...anyone that can beat Hillary. This infighting just helps her.

I'm a single issue candidate and that's the Second Amendment. But I'm also a realist and a Moderate Republican who can beat Hillary is constrained by his own parties pro-gun Platform. Can you imagine Hillary have anyone holding her back on Anti-Gun Initiatives? Plus intangibles the offic of President has that are free from the Legislative process like Nominations to the Supreme Court, signing treaties like the UN Small Arms Initiatives (read gun control), Federal Regulations, Executive orders (See what happened to FFLs under Bill Clinton). The list is long...

Ron Paul comes off to his own party (not discounting his past Libertarian run which shows his roots) as a loon. Now imagine trying to court Blue Dog Democrats and Independents with Him. Just ask yourself, Is voting for Ron Paul to prove a point more important then beating Hillary, cause that's what it comes down to!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.