1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ron Paul 'debate'

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by valmet, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

south carolina had their republican debate and was told that ron paul had won by a large margin. don't know who 2nd and 3rd were. why didn't we hear anything about this on the news or papers. who is this guy, what are his views, and why isn't the media telling us ?? just wondering - dennis

2. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Wants to abolish the IRS among other things.

Jerbear

3. nipper

nipper TS Member

I for one would love to have all my tax deductions each week and see a consumption tax. But it would eliminate all the fly by night income tax preperation places. Think about it, most of them have "quick" RALs-refund anticipation loans,so now not only are you paying them money to get "your" money you overpayed to the US,now you are paying them intrest or a fee to get money that is your money in the first place. I have my deductions set to where I either dont get a refund,or pay back a few dollars,i use my money in intrest bearing accounts thru the year,why get a refund?? You just gave the government a no intrest loan right??

Bill Hodges for President

Would be just as good as any choice we have at the moment

4. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Ron Paul is OK but I believe that the anit war fanatics have taken his campaign a little too rude crude and are a throw back to the antis of the 60's.His stance on radical Muslim activities will not be a problem if we just leave them alone. Didn't work on Hitler and it won't work on them.

The bunch that think any people that are not Muslim are a waste of skin don't want anything but what they have been brought up to believe.

Rock

Jim

5. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

he is the only one that makes any sense.

6. JasonH

JasonH TS Member

I hear and read alot of negitive remarks about Ron Paul, some of it on this forum. Most of those remarks are about how Ron is an isolationist,(which is total horse s!!t). not one time has Mr Paul said that. He is however for cutting back american presence in countrys that there isnt any need to be there, which would save our country hundreds of billions of dollars. He has said religously that he is for a strong national defense and not for the overbloated government departments that suck billions of dollars from our "actual" national defense. The main reason Ron Paul is not for the war in the middle east is based on constitutional principle and "HEAR THIS PEOPLE" the fact that he knew that if we went in there, the political farce of this country,including our president would botch it up, now we have $100 oil; and that is just going to Irac, what the hell is going to happen if we go to Iran? He also knows that our country is BROKE!!!!!! Somebody please tell me what is wrong with coming home and mending our own fences for a while, I think everyone in this country could use a break. Ron Paul has also defended ALL of our constitutional rights and freedoms, not just the 2nd amendment. We should tremble everytime any of our freedoms come under attack!!! and they have thanks to President Bush. Other things he is for are: a true free market, less government in all areas, property rights, the rights of each state as a government, fixing the welfare state, fixing the immigration problem, and I will save this one for last- no federal income tax. Not one cent of our federal income tax is used for war, bridges, roads, disasters, social security, medicare, unemployment benifits, etc. Not one cent. They go straight to the Federal Reserve as payment of intrest for money loaned by them to our government. That should make everyone who reads this vomit!!! I can think of no other canidate who is for all of these things, including democrats. Hell we cant even get our two leading democratic front-runners to vote for english as our national language, and you have that as a possibility of running our country, give me a break!!!! As a young man in this country who has stood firm on the founding fathers belives and ideas that make this country great, and should be alot better, I can think of no other time in history that this country needs a leader that is for the foundational heart of our constitution, and its words : OF THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE, AND FOR THE PEOPLE!
    Have a great day and Good Luck..........

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Every other word out of his mouth is that America is broke.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Interesting how Ron Paul has placed ahead of what the media claims to be the GOP front runners, yet he gets labeled "not viable" while they get the spotlight.

Don't ever tell me there ain't no media bias.

9. otnot

otnot Active Member

Listen to the man! He is the only candidate that makes any sense.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hBKKYr_DrdE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hBKKYr_DrdE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

10. otnot

otnot Active Member

11. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

If china doesnt buy our bonds well be eating s**t with the chickens. Politicans are giving away the farm.

12. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

"Other things he is for are: a true free market." Would that be the same free market that dreamed up the "Sub-prime" loans for unqualified home buyers? "Not one cent of our federal income tax is used for war, bridges, roads, disasters, social security, medicare, unemployment benifits, etc. Not one cent. They go straight to the Federal Reserve as payment of intrest for money loaned by them to our government." Geez, I thought you said China wuz financing us, Jason. Maybe it's Saudi, China, American citizens or anyone else that wants to buy U.S. Treasury notes. A pretty good rant, Jason, but next time get your s--t together.

Buz

<a href="http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d26/mobuzz/?action=view&current=64828001-S.gif" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

sammie: I think Ron Paul is right about what he talks about. The problem is no one wants to hear the bad news all the time. I hear about the problems (USA broke) but no real solutions.

14. JasonH

JasonH TS Member

alfermann66,No that would be the same free market that keeps the cellphone on the hip pocket of millions of americans down to rock bottom price due to the fact that the government doesnt control the distribution of them to each of us.... Also the real-estate market is due to the fact that the FED had to have a buyers market, to keep the stock market rolling. The unqualified loans where the fault of the bankers and not anyone else. Ron Paul wants to get rid of the Fed-Res and back our Treasury notes by gold and silver. Also the fact that other countries buying our treasury notes was thier decision, and they are dumping them fast. Who knows how much we owe China and Saudi etc, for thier help in funding this war, but I assure you those bills will become due. Do some checking of your own on what other countries and americans are switching thier markets to the euro. I will ask again, what is wrong with coming back home from countries that we do not have to police and saving this country the billions that we have to borrow to fund a war. We are spread to thin and have to borrow money from others, what part of that reads to high on the BS meter? Like many of us we are tired of the normal way of government and want a more ethical and honest way. Ron Paul is not speaking as if to please a group of people today, and then trying to please a different group tommorrow, his message will be the same..... Good luck.......

15. bgf

bgf Active Member

Ron Paul is scary....

Bernie

16. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Its just to bad that the media doesnt want to give him any mention.I would like to be able to hear more about his views from the man himself.But he seems to be getting totaly ignored by the media.Makes me wonder what the liberal media is so afraid of?!!!

17. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

The ONE most telling thing for me is choosing to support or not support a candidate is honesty and truthfulness. If the message being given is dependent on who it is being given to and is subject to being changed for the next group, i.e. "First I voted for it then I voted against it.", well that candidate has just lost me. It doesn't matter if the change is a minute or a month or a year ago, it is still a change. When the message is consistent, even if it something that tells me bad news, I place much more credence on the message and in the person giving me that message.

Ron Paul, throughout his entire government career and in his medical practice prior to being elected, has been consistent and unwavering. I do not see that same consistency on the part of ANY, regardless of party affiliation, of the other candidates. His message is that we have left the principles that brought our country into world prominence and leadership. Before we can go back to what we, as a country, have been, we have to reclaim what we have lost in behalf of political expediency.

The lack of media coverage can, in my opinion, be credited to the desire of those in the media and those directing the media, who do not want to see their comfortable little government funded and supported power bases being eroded.

18. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Point taken. Change, WHEN BACKED UP BY AND PRESENTED WITH ADEQUATE JUSTIFICATION, is valid. Change, for simple political expediency, and not backed by a adequate justification, especially when occurring in a relatively short time frame, dooms a candidate.

For instance, when Romney tells us that he is for the gun owner and yet when dealing with only the highly anti-gun Massachusetts voter has, ON PUBLIC RECORD, a strong committment to banning "deadly assault weapons" (please explain to me how any weapon can be non-deadly???) that dooms him in my book on the basis of lying, to either the electors of Mass. or the legitimate gun owner Presidential electorate. I just picked Romney because you can check his then and now positions easily.

Then: (July 1, 2004)
    www.mass.gov/portal/govPR.jsp?gov_pr=gov_pr_040701_assualt_weapons_ban.xml

now:
    MOST ANY CAMPAIGN SPEECH WHERE FIREARMS ARE MENTIONED.

Virtually all of the other candidates, with the notable exception of Ron Paul, have far to many similar "educational moments" causing far to radical a shift in their INDICATED current positions, especially when they do not offer concrete and verifiable reasons, backed by actions, for the change in their position.

I hope that more clearly defines my feelings.

19. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Ron Paul is bringing a frightening message with his campaign, few want to believe it but he is telling us the truth. We are broke and worse. Politicians on both sides fear what he is telling us. The media fears him. Unelectable? That is for the voters to decide. Supporting a candidate just because you think they can win hasn't worked out very well in the past so why keep doing that? I would like to see the man in the white house and so would a lot of other folks. Listen to his message and consider where he is getting support before you write him off.

20. XTFreak

XTFreak TS Member

Sorry, Ron Paul is a kook. Even if his message is correct, he carries himself like a fool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

content