1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ron Noren, MN ATA Delegate

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalamitySJ, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Minnesota's ATA Delegate, Ron Noren, has suffered a major stroke and is currently in very critical condition in the Mayo-Mankato, MN ICU. His daughter, Jamie, wrote:

"At this time dad is in no pain but he ended up having a major stroke damaging most of the left side of his brain (his dominate side) - this makes him unable to communicate or understand and also makes him unable to move the right side of his body. The next 48 hours or so are going to be crucial, as extreme swelling is expected in his brain as a result of the injury the brain has due to the stroke. He is in the ICU at Mankato hospital in very critical condition. Never the less, our family is going through the rollercoaster of reminiscing all the joy he has brought to us and most obviously the sorrow due to the unexpectedness and the loss we are experiencing at this time. We appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers."

Jamie has asked us to reach out to all shooters, letting them know about Ron's condition as well as asking for us to remember Ron in our thoughts and prayers. The family will keep us posted as best they can and would appreciate and need our support more than ever before.

Ron is a remarkable trapshooter but an even more remarkable human being. His love of trapshooting, and especially representing Minnesota trapshooters, is undeniable. We are proud to call him a friend and look forward to shooting with him again as soon as he has cleared this hurdle.

Sally & Mark Stevens,
    Minnesota

[​IMG]

2. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Our thoughts and prayers are with Ron and his family. Prayers for comfort and peace for all tonight and in the days to come.

The Bartholow family

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

one of the nicest guys I know. May god bless you Ron

4. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

A really nice guy. I'm so sorry to hear this. Sincere wishes for a complete recovery are being sent forth.

Denny

5. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Prayers going up for Ron. Roland

6. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

up for Ron.

7. cjt09

cjt09 TS Member

We are saddened to hear this news. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all and pray you all find strength in one another to help Ron. He's a great person and we want to see him pull through this.

Tom and Cindy Townsend

8. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry to hear this. Best wishes to Ron and family.

John Houle Jr. and Sr.

9. dvice

dvice TS Member

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Ron and his family.
    Dave, Irene, Kristie Vice, and the entire Park Gun Club family

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I don't know the gentleman, But I wish him a good and speedy recovery. Hes in a good hospital one of the best. Dave Bishop

11. Franklin

Franklin TS Member

may god bless ron and the noren family. tom barry

12. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

WE will pray the Dr's have the Knowledge to Heal Ron and we are Praying that he has a Total Recovery. New Mexico Trapshooting Assocation--Joe Whitehurst President

13. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Ron is a special person and we all have to hope he comes through this OK. He followed me as Minnesota Delegate and I could not have hoped for better. Sad news for sure, and entirely unexpected. Hoping for the best,

Neil

14. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Ron is a fine person and a real gentleman, let's hope and pray for the best.

15. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

thoughts/prayers to you and your family Ron, get well soon. Dennis

16. mnshooter18

mnshooter18 TS Member

17. JAAS

JAAS TS Member

Spent the day yesterday with Ron and family at the hospital. We (my wife Cathy and I) were hoping to get to the hospital today but unfortunately the Minnesota weather has made the roads unsafe for travel today. At the time of his stroke Ron was healthy and there was no indication of health issues. I feel so fortunate that he and Angie (Ron’s wife) spent a most enjoyable weekend with us two weeks ago and that Ron and I made the trek to MGC that Saturday to shoot the Jackpot. It was a cold, raw day for shooting but we managed to shoot two events in which Ron ran the singles both times posting a 48 and 46 with the 48 being the high score that day. Ron will have a lot of obstacles to overcome and I long for the day again to be shooting with Ron. At this point of his struggle we pray that his life continues, that he has a miraculous recovery, and that again someday he may be standing on the trap line shooting targets with us. Thanks for your support and continue to pray for him and his family.
    Ron’s brother – Dwayne Noren

18. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Dwayne, thank you so much for the update.

Ron was talked about and thought of all day yesterday at MGC and everybody commented that just a couple weeks ago he was lighting the place up with the high score of the day.

Everyone at the Minneapolis Gun Club wishes Ron and his family the best and for a full recovery. We hope to see both of you back at MGC soon.

Jim W

19. PNT

PNT Member

Heck of a nice guy, class act, sorry to hear this happened to him. You'll all be in my prayers.

Peter Tri - Minnesota

20. seitz10

seitz10 Member

So sad to hear that Ron has had a stroke. Ron and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers, hoping for a complete recovery. roger lorenzen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.