1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ron Burdick Challenge

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgunpeople, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Ron Burdick (Our own "RBURR" on TS.COM) may have moved from NY, but his donations of trap shooting prizes continues in his new home State.

In the Program for the South Carolina State Shoot this year is the following notice on page 17.

SOUTH CAROLINA TRAPSHOOTERS

South Carolina shooter Ron Burdick has given the SCTA $300.00 to promote trapshooting in South Carolina. He would like to start a SC Gun Club Champion competition. Only SC Gun Clubs throwing ATA targets are eligible and only SC ATA members can participate.

Each SC Trapshooter who want to represent a SC Gun Club and compete for the Leather Bag must sign up for the 200 Singles event at the 2011 SC State Shoot. When signing up for the 200 Singles He/She must tell classifying what Gun Club He/She wants to represent.

The Gun Club Championship will be decided by the High Team Average scores of the representative shooting for each Club. The Club with the Hi Team Average score will win the title... "2011 South Carolina Gun Club Champion" and $100.00. (Ties shoot-off)

The shooter on the winning team with the highest score will win the Shamrock Leather Bag (Value $200.00) (Ties Shoot-off)

South Carolina trapshooters do not need to be a member of the club they want to represent. Check with Club Trap Chairman to see if they want to participate in this event.

A minimum of 3 trapshooters on each Club Team.
    *******************************************************************************

Anyone who has ever known Ron, knows his dedication to the sport, and his gun clubs. This is an outstanding gesture on his part to give one more "new" opportunity to the SC shootes at the State Shoot.

I am proud to be able to call you my friend Ron.

I hope there is an overwhelming sign up for this new award to show Ron our appreciation.

Dave in SC

2. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Nice going Ron have a happy Easter. Bern

3. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear Ron Burr,
    Nice going Ron! Great Idea!! Makes me want to run down there and get in on the competition! The cold weather and taxes in NYS make me.....!!
    I couldn't stop to see Dave & Judy in SC and we just missed the weather on the way to Sanibel Island. I hope that Dave's gun barrel didn't get bent in the wind Friday!! I warned him about the wind in SC, too!!!
    Shoot well Ron! and enjoy life while you can!!
    Sincerely,
    Jet Boat Bill Sunday 8:50 PM

4. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Jet Boat...

Did I hear you honk at us when you went by Santee on 95 ??? LOL

Stop if you can on your way back, You are always welcome old friend !!!

If nothing else, maybe it will be lunch time when you pass by and we can have a meal together in Santee.

Dave & Judy in SC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.