1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Romney's theme message?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I'm sitting here looking at the latest polls. Depressing. Romney is behind in every swing state. Not even close in Sh*tigan, trailing in FL, NC, Iowa, and Ohio and time is running out. Even if he reverses the trend starting now, and picks up a point a week he will be lucky to be back to even.

What’s Romney’s theme, message, does he even have one? All challengers going up against incumbents and winning had a central theme or message. In 1980 Reagan vs. Carter, Reagan had 3 main points: Rebuild the military (600 ship Navy), Kemp/Roth tax cuts, reduce regulation. Reagan repeated that theme over and over again till everybody knew where he stood.

1992 - Bush 41 vs. Clinton. Slick only had one theme - “it’s the economy stupid” and “the worst economy in 50 years”. He just repeated that over and over again. Anybody else remember a Clinton theme other than the one just listed?

2008 - Ojackass ran a campaign like he was running against an incumbent. His theme was “Hope and Change” Just “Hope and Change” and let everybody define what hope and change was for themselves.

2012 what is Romney’s theme? He has more ammunition at his disposal than any other candidate has ever had. TRILLION Dollar Deficits, Obamacare, Cash for Clunkers, Moochele’s multi million dollar trips, Food stamps instead of jobs, EPA out of control, Eric Holder, Fast and Furious, Czars, 8% percent or more unemployment his whole dam first term, $4 gasoline, pipeline rejection, Presidential orders, undoing hundreds of years of corporate law by denying Chrysler bondholders their rights, amnesty for illegal’s, using the First amendment for toilet paper by requiring Catholic organizations to pay for abortions, birth control, average income in US has gone down,while average Federal government workers now makes twice what average private sector employee makes, …………….

Hammer this miserable sob on his record.

Are you going to tell the people in Ohio their electric rates could double if the EPA and Ojack get their way and shut down a lot of coal plants?????? That $300 July electric bill this year could be $600 if Ojack gets his way.

Are you happy receiving foods stamps while Ojack and Moochele spend millions on lavish vacations?

Reagan use to say - a recession is when your neighbor loses his job, a depression is when you lose your job and a recovery is when Carter loses his.

Romney grow a pair. The recession in this country isn’t going to end until a recession hits Washington DC. Cut spending and send Ojack on his way.

Sorry about the long diatribe, just depressed. Just can't stand the thought of 4 more years of this commie.

I'm going to go get a beer. Think I'll stay drunk all the time, something has to relieve the pain. Wake me when.... on 2nd thought don't.

2. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Bisi,

Good post! I share your concerns. If there is a logical explanation for the silence, perhaps it can be found in the old adage, "Keep your powder dry."
    Romney has such a vast library to select from, I'm kinda wondering why he doesn't just blast a new Oblama failure every 7 days up to the last 7 days and then recap one per day. He's got a veritable treasure trove. There just has to be a reason why Team Romney hasn't let the Dogs out. Tellya what, though, if he keeps this "choir-boy" BS up until Nov. 6, I'm gonna ask for my money back.

Right now, our interest payments to China are paying for their new "blue water" Navy. If we don't start keeping our money at home, I'm gonna have to change my name to Jimmy Chin and open a laundry.

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

I have to hope that Romney is waiting for the Debates to put the hammer down on Obama. One can only hope for change. "pun intended"

4. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

don't know if this site is correct or not but I sure hope so.

i_shoot

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

He was in Vandalia yesterday and Fox Poll has Obama 52 to Mitt 44 today.

You Ohio voters better shape up, Mitt had nothing to do with the move to Sparta ;-)

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Romney is not exciting enough to grab attention, and his campaign is dull.

The main stream media keeps blasting the screen with "the economy is getting better", and "Obama's lead is increasing in swing states", yet you don't see Romney's campaign hammering the facts listed by Bisi.

I realize the polls are skewed. They normally are taken in large cities which tend to be liberal, unionized, and "green" oriented, or even taken at liberal colleges.

But, I'm still very disappointed so far in his campaign. Someone needs to light a fire under their butts!

7. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Don't expect the liberal media to do some unbiased research,,,,,notice the "buying" of hispanic and women votes with the recent farm loan program,,,,,,do you think if hussein wasn't worried, they wouldn't be doing that?????

That being said, a big part goes to the "handlers",,,,,,,they don't want to upset the blacks/hispanics/women/gays etc.,,,,,,,this is what lost Dole and McCain as they ran a WEAK campaign and thought by being "nice" they would be likable and people would vote for them,,,,,,guess those turned out well......

8. spritc

spritc Active Member

Don't let polls discourage you, most are lies. Talk to people, encourage people, teach people what a lying, do nothing, empty suite piece of crap marxist is sitting in our White House. Do everything you can to defeat this muslim bastard.

9. Rick Barker

His message is clear enough to me, Obama must go.

What more needs to be said?

10. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Romney will win with 55-58% of the vote. Hussein is toast only the media refuses to admit it. The polls are scewed to produce the numbers the media wishes for. Guys do some research,history repeat itself and this election is nothing more than Carter/Reagan.

11. bgf

bgf Active Member

If he hits ObamaFuher like he should [down and dirty] he is afraid to be labeled as a racist against the first black president...SO F$$KING WHAT.

Like Bisi says, he has soooo much ammo it is mind boggling.

Bernie

PS: Meeting with 'The View' instead of the heads of states at the UN is unbelievable. Not in recent history has that happened.

12. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

No one wants to back a loser. This is the psychology being used to say Romney is behind. No, I don't believe he is behind. I believe he will win by an American landslide and with Divine Providence. When that happens we will all have to motivate and scramble to get this Great Country back on her feet. Hope you are all up to the task. The lazy way out of this mess and into a deeper mess would be to re elect O and accept defeat.

13. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I remember polls, here in Ohio, predicted Strickland as the winner. The only poll that matters is November 6th. Please don't get discourage and react to the news media. They have lost their honesty & integrity over the years and it hurts me to see that they're dedicated to bring our great country down. Please vote to support your gun rights which include ammunition as 4 more years of Hope & Change will change our country for the worse. BT100dc

14. pdq

pdq Member

Another item to add to Romney's slam on Obamibile: he's added 5 Trillion dollars to the national debt on which we're paying almost zero interest -- what's going to happen to the budget when inflation occurs and interest rates return to historic norms -- the bill is going to be staggering.

Pete

15. shotgunjerry

shotgunjerry Active Member

Romney, is doing
    just fine and the only choice for president. The liberal press is trying to discourage us with their skewed polls and discourage the independents who are thinking about voting for Romney. Don,t get discouraged and if you got and extra dollar send it to the Romney campaign, this is a extremely imoportant election for the future of this country and we have to get it right this time. With what was known about Obama he should have never been elected the first time, don,t give him another four years to totally ruin this great country. ROMNEY and RYAN 2012!!!!

16. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Gallup polling today put Obama ahead of Mitt Romney by 4 points after the godless DNC Convention.

Back in 1980 Gallup had Jimmy Carter up over Ronald Reagan by 4 points in mid to late September… And, Carter was up 8 points in October. In fact there was a published Gallup poll showing Carter up six among likely voters in a poll conducted Oct. 24 to 27.

Ronald Reagan ended up winning by 9 points and taking 44 states.

17. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Maybe it's because I'm in Indiana, but I have yet to see a Romney TV commercial. Romney is going to win the Hoosier state, so he is probably spending his money in the swing states. I do see a lot of Clinton/Ojacka** commercials though. Watching the commercial you would think Slick Willie is running again.

This election should be like 1980 Carter vs Reagan, but then you gotta remember this is an entirely different country than it was in 1980. In 1980 the electorate were all born before 1962. The majority then attended school in the 20s, 30s, 40s, and 50s. Back then you were taught to think, not go with your "feelings". You were taught to stand on your own, not be dependent on government or anyone else. Now the majority of the electorate went to school in the 60s or later after the dirty filthy hippies took over the schools. The only thing they are taught is that they are the victim of the white male. A bunch of people show up at the polls with a chip on their shoulder, and Obama is going to make it right.

It's pop culture now. No thinking required. It's the singer not the song. It's the sizzle not the steak. Obama is the Kim Kardisian, Paris Hilton of politics. None of the above have ever did a dam thing but yet there are adored and celebrated.

No, I don't have much faith in the electorate. Have you looked at most of em? Tattoos covering most of their body, On their necks, face. Rings in their nose, eye lids, lips, studs in their tongues. I saw a recent "man in the street" where they went out and interview people with visible tattoos. 100% were going to vote for Obama!!!!

We're the freaks anymore! The people whom pay taxes, go to work, buy their own food, educate their kids, save for their retirement. We are the weirdoes. The norm is EBT, tattoos, home heating oil assistance, government provided condoms, let government pay for everything...........

Romney has got to take the luster off of the pop star president. He has got to fight, by pounding a few simple points, so that the feeling generation - might start feeling that Barack isn't really that special.

18. Rick Barker

Here in Colorado, they run 5 to 10 ads during commercials on TV and radio, first Obama, then Romney, the Obama, etc., etc.,

I get 5 to 6 calls every night from pollsters, and fund rasiers. I just let them talk to the answering machine, as they are mostly robo calls.

Door knockers about 1 a day.

The WSJ ran a story about my town being the hot bed of polictical intrique in all of Colorado, and it appears this is the reason for all the phone calls.

Next election, I am going to spend May through December in the wilderness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.