1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Romney is done....already showed his true colors..

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Well if his healthcare snafu didn't lose it for him,,,,his mouth did today....

(Reuters) - Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney broke with Republican orthodoxy on Friday by saying he believes that humans are responsible, at least to some extent, for climate change.

"I believe the world is getting warmer, and I believe that humans have contributed to that," he told a crowd of about 200 at a town hall meeting in Manchester, New Hampshire.

"It's important for us to reduce our emissions of pollutants and greenhouse gases that may be significant contributors."

The former Massachusetts governor fielded questions on topics ranging from the debt ceiling to abortion on his first full day of campaigning for 2012 Republican primary nomination.

Romney leads opinion polls in New Hampshire by a wide margin, and is among the top contenders nationally to win the Republican primary.

But the candidate lost the publicity battle on Thursday when his campaign launch in New Hampshire was overshadowed by Republican star Sarah Palin, who swooped in as part of her East Coast bus tour to dominate local media coverage.

In addressing climate change and energy policy, Romney called on the United States to break its dependence on foreign oil, and expand alternative energies including solar, wind, nuclear and clean coal.

"I love solar and wind (power) but they don't drive cars. And we're not all going to drive Chevy Volts," he said referring to electric cars.

The United States can not go it alone in attempting to trim emissions levels and give a free pass to countries such as China and Brazil, Romney said. "It's not called American warming, it's called global warming," he said.
    Software developer Michael Hillinger, 60, of Hanover, New Hampshire, posed the climate change question.

Romney's answer provided plenty of wiggle-room, Hillinger said, but "he is taking a more forthright stand than any of the other candidates."

At an event in Manchester last week, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, also running for president, said that climate change is "the newest excuse to take control of lives" by "left-wing intellectuals."

Asked to lay out a specific plan for the economy, Romney outlined seven points but referred to his 2010 book "No Apology" as containing his policy ideas in details.

"It's a good book. I'll give you a discount," he quipped.

Romney skirted a question about whether doctors who perform abortions, or women who have abortions, should face criminal sanctions if Roe v. Wade, the 1973 U.S. law that protects abortion rights, were overturned.

"I am pro-life," he said, adding that decisions on abortion law should be returned to state jurisdiction.

Abortion is one of several issues on which Romney's critics accuse him of flip-flopping over the years. In the past, including during his race in 2002 to be Massachusetts governor, he has said he supports the substance of Roe v. Wade."

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

If you don't think that there is some sort of climate change you haven't been watching the news.

Don

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Ugh.

4. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Suits me fine. the rhino's will show their colors long before a decision needs to be made. First Newt now Romney. We can check them off one by one until a true conservative makes an appearance. Bachmann may walk right into the nomination and never have to say a thing. Her actions and past record will do the talking.

5. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

BIGDON tells it like it is. Manmade or not, the planet is warming.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yes, that's why the "scientists" responsible for measuring it sent all those emails about how to falsify the data.

-Gary

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    He was already done. He's an anti-gunner.

Republicans better chose wisely this time around because a lot of us are not going to take a bite out of a crap sandwich.

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

GW22: I suppose you believe in the tooth fairy too. Romney happens to have the best business brain out there and we need to start running this country like a business instead of someones political toy. But your stupid theory will split the conservatives again and we will loose again. Trump and Palon are going to start a 3rd party and that will guarantee the POS is reelected.

If you want to win you better learn how to compromise and work together.

Don

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

We compromised on McCain. How'd that work out?

Romney is a Democrat Lite. The time for compromise and half-measures is over. We need a conservative with a brain and a plan.

Use your head.

-Gary

10. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

BIGDON...........well said.

blade819

11. Brian in Oregon

A lot of true conservatives are fed up with RINOs. Republicans would be well advised not to run a RINO. It didn't work last time. What makes them think it will work this time?

12. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Sheer political ignorance and lack of historical perspective. That's what.

-Gary

13. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Don,,,you need to put the bottle down ;),,,,there is no way in hades that Trump and Palin will start a third party run in 2012,,,,neither is that stupid or wants to spend that kind of money,,,,Trump got what he needed; people fawning all over him and his name in the press; Palin is a great mouthpiece for the conservative part of our great country, but she will not put her family through the meat grinder, nor give up her status and speaking tour,,,,In my opinion, she is just playing with the msm as a payback for what they did to her in 2008....

14. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I'm glad many people are beginning to see That Romney is a democrate in Republican close. I just don't see what takes so damn long to figure it out. Wild Bill

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I can spell "coffee" without getting one single letter correct.

HM

16. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Romney is a demrino. He is not a BIG BUSINESS person. Almost everything he did in Ma failed. What business,somebody inherits money,decides to be a politician, buys their way in, don't take anyone's word, not even a uneducated person would believe his words.
    At first I thought Herman Cain would be a good candidate but as he spoke there were too many holes in his comments,too many inconsistencies,sounded like a rehearsed set of phrases, to few realities too many bloops.
    I also noticed when Tea Party got too strong the GOP went right to abortion to change the tone, direction of what WE WANT as what the gop wants and they want a dumb follower and we want a strong leader.We cant give in, we should not compromise what we want. Those older left over repubs who are pushing compromise must be voted out and replaced. The good ones are out there, they havnt come forward yet.

17. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I don't believe the GOP will nominate a true conservative; they will nominate someone that appeals to that all important 20% vote. The demorats lie and put up someone like BHO who is initially portrayed as a moderate and then once sworn in shows his true colors.

These GOP nomination discussions are academic at best as the conservatives are split which ensures a demorat presidential win...

The Republicans won't lie, they will put up a moderate and he will lose because part of the conservative base won't vote for a "RINO."

So plan on having another four years of BHO.…

We have not yet reached the darkest part of night...

18. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

We need another Regan. No matter who the repuks nominate we had better get behind him/her or Obastard will be there again for sure. Where is someone we can run as a moderate but switch to true conservative after the election? Pull the Obastard in reverse. The only way to get the middle of the road voter is to use a moderate conservative.

19. Brian in Oregon

<i>"No matter who the repuks nominate we had better get behind him/her or Obastard will be there again for sure."</i>

If the Republicans run an anti-gunner then they deserve to lose.

The sad fact is Romney has banned more guns than Obama. Why would any gun owner reward that? Romney is not our friend.

I am sick and tired of voting for Republicans who stab their friends in the back. If Republican politicians have not figured out by now who their friends are, they need to be run out of town on a rail.

The anger with RINOs and anti-gun Republicans should have sent a clear message that there will be a divided vote this year if the wrong candidate is nominated.

20. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Brian makes a lot of sense on this.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.