1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rollin my own

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DaveXT, Oct 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

Recently picked up a Mec 9000 and an old Ohas scale. I went to work over the weekend adjusting the loader, learning how it works, and loading about 30 shells. I used the 32 bushing for a light load. Yes there was some shot and powder on the bench. Fortunately, the cookie sheet caught most of it. Sunday I used 25 of my loads. It was cool running 25 with my own loads.

Thanks for those who gave advice openly or by PM.

Dave

2. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Skip the cookie sheet. Take a 24" square piece of plywood finished on at least one side and put some 1" x 1/2" molding around it. Bolt the Mec in the center. The plywood mounted loader can be moved around easily and does not slip in use. The molding keeps powder and shot from going to the floor. A small vacuum makes cleanup quick.

3. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Well XTDave I wondered what happened to you and how you made out. Welcome to the wonderful world of reloading. As I look at it, reloading is an extension of the hobby. Say, do you shoot an XT? Thanks, and welcome to reloading.

4. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

I bought a large clear plastic storage container at Wallymart with a flat bottom (except for 4 small dimples) and cut the bottom out leaving a 1" lip. I bolted the MEC into the middle. I have a rectangular bin on both sides for hulls and wads. Nothing has ever escaped! :) I use the lid on the floor for a boot tray.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.