1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

roll over combs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by phirel, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

Any stock maker can make a stock with a roll over. They used to be very popular. I have found that it is a little more difficult to get my face in the exact same spot with a roll over comb and getting the correct cast off is a bit harder with a roll over.

Pat Ireland

2. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Rollover combs are thngs of beauty, but are functionally moot.
    If it doesn't touch your body, it has no effect on your shooting, stockwise.

3. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I shoot several roll over comb stocks and they all touch my body and help reduce recoil buy spreading out the area over my chubby face. I am one who like a thicker comb to reduce recoil as long as the cast is correct like most agree a proper fit is a recoil must and a roll over works for me.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Who makes roll overs with adjustable combs?

5. high 2

high 2 Member

Any stock maker worth his salt can. Larry

6. dutchman1968

dutchman1968 Active Member

blaser f3 super trap guns have a adjustable rollover comb. I picked one up the other day, and wow does it pull up nice, I just wish I could afford one.
    Troy

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I never picked up an Anton roll over that did not fit me like a glove. I guess I am partial to them

8. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

The difference in comfort with rollover combs is their radius, which is often greater than that of conventional combs, some of which tend toward knife-like.

Rollover combs MUST be in right position, however, both in cast and height to be beneficial. When they fit, they're great. They are well worth considering if you're having a custom stock made.

Rollin

9. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

I like the Anton roll over stocks also, have two of them.

I had the one on my model 12 converted into a adjustable comb by the Co Gentlemen as it didn't quite fit me. Fits great now.

Anton made them to fit the individual ordering it. I wasn't the orginal owner.

ed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.