1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

roll crimps

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ricks1, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

do any of you roll crimp? is the BP spinner and drill press the best way to go rick

2. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

It works.

3. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

Thanks I made a shell holder that is a 2x4 with a 1 1/4 in hole lined with a piece of rubber and cut in half long ways. Put small henge on one end hook on other. Locks shell tight but think drill may spin too fast. I am thinking of getting a new drill press that will get down to 200 rpms,see if that helps.Eddie have you tried the overshot wads that BP make? they are suspposed to break up before they leave the barrel. rick

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Yes I have played with the concept. The roll crimper that I use is of the old style. Have never tried the BP one.

In playing with these loads I have come to the conclusion that it was more the quality of shot and loadings that distorted the old patterns rather than over shot discs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.