1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rolex Replica

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trappermike, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

What is a replica? Is it a knock off? A fake? A counterfeit? BTW, two minutes a week is lousy time keeping. If it is made by Rolex, I apologize and retract all of the above. If it is not, I would remove this posting if I were you.

Good Luck,
    Mike

2. atashooter

atashooter Member

Gen-U-whine Romex. Often imitated, but never duplicated...

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Hmmm.

I used to get all I wanted of these for $25.00 on the streets of Bangkok.

4. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Dam, it's Bush's fault again, I paid $45 for mine in Tikrit, Iraq...

5. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Bought one just like it in Ensenada for $50.

BTW, don't ever take a fake to a jewelry store. They can lose their license if they are caught working on a fake Rolex.

Kevin

6. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Bought what I thought was a fake 'President' just outside the main gate of the Brooklyn Navy Yard in '73. Gave $50.00 bucks for it, that was quite a lot back then. Sold it to a Marine guard at the brig for $100.00 the next day. He took it to jewlery store for cleaning and found it was real and on the sotlen list. He came looking for his $100, I cheerfully refunded it, LOL. He was a big sucker.

7. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

Many years back stopped an Indian or Pakistani driver from Alberta on his way back home from Mexico. He was VERY nervous but didn't really fit the drugger profile. I asked him a several questions, he was evasive but I REALLY had little probable cause to go much farther so let him go.

DID alert the Customs guys up on the Canadian Border though. Week later they called me and this guy had a few THOUSAND counterfeit Rolex Submariners in the trunk that he'd picked up in Mexico.

Apparently posession of counterfeit watches for resale IS against the law in Canada. And Rolex will assist in the Prosecution!! May explain why my Rolex Submariner was scrutinized and the serial number checked at the Canadian border.

FN in MT

8. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

keeps time about as good as my real Submariner....that's why I wear a titatnum Citizen Eco-Drive and the Rolex sits in the safe....

9. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

At a flea market, I watched the Feds come in one Saturday, and scoop up hundreds of fake Rolexes. They had been tipped off the night before. Rolex doesn't appreciate having their brand name besmirched. The dealers weren't arrested, but I later learned from one of them, that the Feds bargained charges in return for leads to their suppliers. The fakes ended up in a crusher.

I happen to own a Breitling Chronomat. It's a very accurate self-winder. While not as accurate as a couple of my Citizens and Seikos, it's a fine timepiece. The Chronomat doesn't need annual maintenance, but goes in the shop every three years for CLA. That usually sets me back about $300. The last time, they replaced the stem (included in the cost).

Like FlaLagarto mentioned, the service costs are a little expensive, but that's the price you pay for quality. Kreighoffs, Ljutics, Perazzis, and other fine target guns, need maintenance. Rolexes, Breitlings, Omegas, and Longines are no different.

Best,
    Dennis

10. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Why do I have this mental image of Dr.K sitting in a lounge chair with a laptop on some far away beach (complete with a little umbrella drink)?

Tron

11. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Dennis, I also have a Chronomat that I bought 6 years ago. It loses 6 seconds a day, but when I run the elapse second timer for a few weeks it brings the watch back in tune again. Invicta makes close Rolex knock offs but not enought to be sued and are fairly good watches for people who don't want to spend several thousand.

12. white rattler

white rattler Member

One word comes to mind JUNK. Trevor Dawe.

13. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Toolmaker, I was told by the Breitling factory repair folks, when they were in Chicago, that the more you used the timer functions, the better the watch would run. It has to do with keeping the fine oil flowing better. They also advised of an every-three-year CLA. Mine keeps closer to about two seconds per day plus/minus.

I also have a Breitling from about 1950. The crystal and stem aren't original, but it keeps fairly good time for a non-automatic. I've had it for about 10 years, and just had it serviced.

My best running watch, though, is my Hamilton 992C railroad pocket watch. It also runs about +/- 2 seconds per day. Not bad for a watch made in 1911, and carried by my grandfather as an "every day" watch for over 50 years. I keep it wound daily, and it "keeps on ticking".

Best,
    Dennis

14. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

And I would pay this moron $80.00 for that piece of crap why????

15. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Isn't there some kind of watch one can buy that is very accurate 'cause it receives a signal related to the bureau of standards atomic clock?

"Time? I'm not really into time, man"...Tommy Chong as "Man"

"Time? Time begins now"...Steve McQueen, as Lt. Bullitt

16. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

I'll stick with my replica TIMEX!

17. Hollywood Marine

Hollywood Marine TS Member

Some time ago, I had a watch that I checked weekly with the WWV time signals and for over a year, it gained a second and a half per month. It was a $9.95 Micronta digital from Radio Shack. Alas irt has gone the way of all flesh, and I have to make do with my seiko now. (Looses 2 sec per week, for the last six weeks) I wish I could find another cheap watch that accurate.

Doug

18. chuckles

chuckles Member

Time is critical...

I keep an Atomic clock (tuned to Bureau of Standards)next to my TV...

Don't want to be late for "Dancing with the Stars"...

or Re-runs of "Car 54".........

Life is good...

regards

19. shadow

shadow Active Member

The time display on your cell phone is as accurate as any.

20. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I heard the watch industry is having a hard time. The kids of today all have cell phones no need for a watch. The cell phone automatically changes time zones and is always accurate.

I wear a Pulsar. I don't know why though, I can't get the damn watch more than an arm lengths away to read the numbers. Damn thing is getting littler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.