1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rolex experts info needed old ladies watch

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by KRK32, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KRK32

KRK32 Member

I have this older Rolex ladies watch i'm almost positive is genuine but would like to know for sure. It is in working condition needs cleaned. The case has a serial number on the back of case 623208 the inside of the back reads 8002. I dont see a gold mark but appears to be. It is also a windup any help with year of mfg, model or most importantly a value for would be very helpful. Thank you, Kirk
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

Go to rolexforums.com and ask.

3. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

If I had to guess I would date this watch 40s or early 50s. Possibly late 30s???

The movement has much in common with Gruen movements of the era.

The two factories were across from each other and Gruen supplied some ladies movements to Rolex.

Case might be Platinum.

It appears in very good condition for its age, however, ladies wrist watches are not as popular as the mens as far as collecting goes.

Regards....Gerald

4. KRK32

KRK32 Member

TTT

5. shogan191

shogan191 TS Member

I'm saying $500.00 to $1,000.00. platinum.

6. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

if you want to get it looked at, I would suggest Bob Ridley, down in Texas. He comes highly regarded by a lot of Rolex owners. A lot of people pay the extra $$$ to send their watches to him vice the Rolex service centers in TX and NY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.