1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rods Custom Stocks

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Wayne of PA, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Does anyone have any first hand experience with Rods Thru The Pad adjustable pad plate? Any pros or cons? Thanks,

Dale

wayneofpa_2008_030328.jpg

2. Cooter

Cooter Member

Dale, I've had several over the years, they work great.

3. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Those are great. And so easy to adjust, don't have to take the pad loose to make a simple adjustment.
    Rod is the Man and does great work!

4. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

No adjustable pads, but Rod has done several adjustable combs and a Rad2 unit for me over the years. All the work was done quickly and was good quality. Would use him again.

5. hera200

hera200 Member

Where is Rod located? THANKS......BUD

6. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Thanks for the replies.

Bud, I believe Rod is located in Ohio. He'll be set up at the PA State Shoot starting this weekend.

Dale

7. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Rod is in Shelby Ohio. He has an AD on this site.

8. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Rod is one of the best! First class work. You will be hard pressed to find someone better and his turn around time is fast..

Van

9. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Well-Known Member

Contact EdY on here he does great work and is always available

10. G-12

G-12 TS Member

Rod installed one for me at the Cardinal Center last week. The adjustable pad is well made, and simple and quick to adjust. Rod has installed his adjustable system on 3 other guns for me.

11. ring3

ring3 Member

He has done 2 pads and an adjustable comb for me. Great jobs on all and a good guy.

Two of my shooting buddies also have had adjustable combs installed by Rod. They are also very satisfied.

Rob Ingram

12. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I've had work done by Rod. First class all the way. I am highly satisfied with his work....

13. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

Thought he was in the toledo area. NW Ohio. I would bet hes at the state shoot in morango in a couple weeks. Love the moled ear protection his wife made for me. $50 wasnt to harmful

14. freddy01

freddy01 Member

Besides being a great stock man of exceptional quality, he is also a great all around good guy. Has done several stock alterations and pads for me. The only guy I'll use.

http://www.rodscustomstocks.com/

Fred Dague

15. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Lemme see, Rod has done 3 RAD's for me, one through the pad, 2 adjustable combs and several other jobs for me without a single problem, he will get anything that I need done. Woody Sullivan, Oviedo Fl.

16. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Thanks for all the replies. Stopped in to see Rod yesterday and dropped off my 687 stock. He seemed great to work with. I'm picking it up on Friday. If all goes well I'm leaving him my 682 stock to do the same way.

Dale

17. BobKatz

BobKatz Member

Rod has done work on a Kolar, Model 12 and an XT for me. You will not find better quality work and a better guy to work with anywhere! - Neil

18. rsikole

rsikole Member

Rod has done work for me and my trap shooting friends multiple times including installing adjustable pads, cutting combs and installing hardware for comb adjustment, installing RAD systems, installing mercury recoil systems and re-checkering and re-finishing stocks. Gun brands include Beretta, Perazzi, Browning, Krieghoff and Winchester that he has worked on for me. The last work was at Middletown last spring when he received my MX-15 in the morning and by noon had the adjustable pad installed for me. He currently has wood off my Beretta refinishing it. I’ve never heard anyone voice any dis-satisfaction after doing business with Rod, and that is a statement of his work quality when you think of all of the trapshooters he has kept happy. I highly recommend that you stop by and see him at the MI state shoot for any of your custom stock needs, as well as the rest of the vendors there.

Rob

Search tags for this page
rod custom stocks

rods custom stocks

rods custom stocks store
rods customs stocks