1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rod's Custom Stocks

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rods Custom Stocks, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rods Custom Stocks

Rods Custom Stocks Member

Rod

Hey shooters,
    I met Bryan McClintock at St.Joe Valley Gun Club in Indiana during a Skeet Shoot and did an Adjustable Comb on his Browning Skeet gun, this work I had to take with me and I shipped it back to him the 2nd week of June. Here is where the problem comes in: I enclosed an invoice for the work + shipping and he has not paid. Talked to him a couple times and check was always in the mail!!! Last time I talked to him he said he would call me with a CC#, never happened! Now he does not ever answer his phone! Imagine that!

Should I take him to small claims court?? or what can I do?

......Rod

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

How long did you have the gun? Was it the amount of time that was discussed? I know this is no reason for not paying, but maybe he is delaying out of spite. If you choose small claims, it could get costly. If he decides not to fight it and defaults, it may cost you another $200 for the filing fees plus the attorneys fee. If he decides to fight then it goes up quickly. For the amount owed, I would just keep on him until he replies. Once a week would be good. If he never pays, at least he has been bothered enough to be concerned, but yet not enough to be angry. He knows he is in the wrong, sooner or later his conscience will catch up to him.

3. TjayE

TjayE Member

Rod, did you say he was a Skeet Shooter?

4. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Active Member

Rod, If you have any kind of account # for him, and you were to win a small claims case over him, the court will order the funds out of said account. Each time you are forced to make claim, time spent etc, there are admin costs you can add and the court will also collect these for you too. "admin" costs can get "costly" I have collected in just this manner in the past.
    good luck
    Dave B

5. Rods Custom Stocks

Thanks Dave!

STL Flyn-- whoever you are? I did the work in less than the amount of time that I promised which was 2-3 weeks and I would not of cared if he would have taken 2-3 weeks to pay but when you reach 90 days something is wrong I don't care who you are. I understand these are rough times for all including me, but he has not offered to even make a payment.

.........Rod

6. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Get him Rodney!!! If I knew who he was I would go collect for you. And Yes that is right "anyone who cheat Rod would steal from their momma!
    Rooferbob
    Keep this going till you get your money!

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I've been lucky Rod because I haven't gotten stung that bad YET. I, like you tend to maybe trust people too much and have let many a stock leave my shop without payment. It does seem OK to some people to screw me on the little things like custom stock washers, comb posts and the such for some reason though. A leap of faith should mean a lot more than it does to some people.

All that said, when I consider how many transactions that I do per year, I'm still very impressed with how honest the vast majority of shooters are. I doubt there is any other sport with as good of folks as this.

Good luck!

Jb

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Rod,

I was not insinuating that you are at fault in any way. Just trying to come up with a reason why someone would not pay, or be dishonest. As stated in my previous post. For the amount owed, I do not know if it is worth your time, effort, and extra money, even tough you would get it back eventually. It could be a year, or longer. That is all I was trying to point out. I know the feeling of being wronged, as I am facing the same decision right now. I met with my attorney this week over a similar situation. To get my $875 back, if he decides to hire an attorney and fight could cost me in the neighborhood of $3000, after discovery and the process is over with. And even then this individual has judgements against him already. So I may get $10 a paycheck for the next 5 years, if I win. If I lose, well it is one expensive lesson. Just saying. Jon

9. TD1958

TD1958 Member

Hi Rod, have you got the address you shipped the stock back to? What ya say we take a drive back to Indiana and collect this debt? I agree with rooferbob if you would cheat Rod you would steal from your momma. See ya next Tuesday, Tim

10. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Wow TD,

That's a great idea. If I were anywhere conviently close I would join you guys. But San Diego is a bit too far to drive to get into this. What about all you other Indiana Shooters? Anybody want to help our friend Rod get his payment?

11. 19539trap

19539trap Member

What club does he shoot at. Post on bulletin board.Someone knows him. A guy from Pa.tried to get me for a pinball machine. Till I showed up at his business. He paid.Good luck.

12. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

how about a call to st joe valley gun club letting everyone there know what he did. You have his address, a google search may give you his employer or someone at the club may be able to tell you. Start calling him at work, that will fix your problem.

13. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Put your faith in the Indiana "Brothers" Rod. They will take care of your problem for you.

14. Rods Custom Stocks

Thanks Guys!

.....Rod

15. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I belonged to St. Joe Valley Gun Club for a year while I lived in Fort Wayne. They seemed to be a very nice group of guys. Why don't you get BigDon to look this guy up for you. They don't call him BigDon for nothing.

blade819

PS.... call the club and see if they can offer some advise.

16. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

I read this thinking Rod had a new product. I must say Rod does great work and I can't imagine somebody not paying him. So maybe it's the 12 hour days for the last 2 weeks that have me seeing this: A man gets up to answer a knock at the door, three guys push into the house grab the guy and says"we are here for Rod. And you know what we mean! Pay now or we will be back and it won't be pretty then! Still no funds and the guy wakes to see his prize gun broken in pieces beside him in bed with gun oil oozing out with a note Indiana Brothers association

Thanks for the picture And chuckles, Rod hope you get what is due to you.
    Deb

17. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

We must get this straightened up like gentlemen.
    Most of us are. The powers of this devise are endless.
    Situation needs to be resolved.
    Burning at the stake is out.

Joe Woods/Ontario

18. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I ended up with a customer like this who got me for a new P/W reloader and TWO hydraulic units. He was in Texas, and according to the collection folks he is or was braking rocks in a Texas.

This is where he lived/lives...pictures taken by a good ts.com fella from Dallas who actually drove down to Argyle to get the unit back... told him not to approach the guy.

[​IMG]

I simply turned it over to a collection agency. Because the guy was a total you-know-what in talking both with my law enforcement people, and collection agency, a lien was put on his property.

I probably won't see the money anytime soon, but chances are my siblings will have a tidy little sum to play with.

Good luck. These kinds of deals do nothing but cast doubt on future business deals. They darken this site's ability to do honest deals. It's the bad apple in the bunch.

I would suggest that in the future you secure payment via credit card, or at the very least use the credit card as a backup with a pre-authorization. It did not work for me because the guy reported his card as "stolen" the day after he nailed me. I was too slow on the draw getting payment - my fault, but, like you, I was a trusting sort.

Please keep us posted on this matter.

Whiz White

19. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Back up for Rod..

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Rod call the club, the president is a skeet shooter and should know of him and their shoot records should show where he lives.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.