1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rods Custom Stocks Knows what he is doing.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PLEBES, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLEBES

PLEBES Member

I have never used this thead before to discuss any issues because of some of the comments people give, but in this case I will make an exception.
    Within the last 22 months I have had both shoulders totaly replaced with my right being this past July. Well I tried to shoot about 90 days after the surgery, because the left felt good after 90 day and I was shooting OK, but it was not my strong side. This time I could shoot about 50 rounds and the pain just took all the fun out of a sport I truely love.

After looking around at $5000 and lower cost solutions (new stock, recoil stock and other recoil devises)I call Rod told him my problem, He suggested that I try a RAD2 system and it was a fraction of the cost of what I was considering.

I an of the school that a gun should look like a gun, thus wood and its appearence is one of the finer points of a good gun. Rod assured me that he would not distroy the appearence of the gun.

Well I got the Beretta DT10 back last week and it looked great, and better yet When I got to shoot it "THE JOY WAS BACK IN MUDVILLE", after 150 round it was like there was never a problem.

THE MAN KNOWS HIS JOB and does it Great, THANK YOU ROD.
    Mike Pleva

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Oh quit being a wuss. Give it back when the rubes get mouthy.

I liked mine too. The RAD system.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rod is a great guy-- and when I lived in Ohio I got to interface with him much more than I do now but he and his family were always great

I have found that guys that are shooters themselves make the best gunsmiths- woodsmiths--- etc when it comes to doing what is best for the shooter.

There are many great gunsmiths and woodsmiths that arent shooters but they tend to do what the customer asks of them and that isnt always the best for the customer-

Rod and several other guys come up with solutions

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Rod just put a pad on for my Nephew and buddy a week ago. My buddy, who just started shooting, ran his first 25 straight after getting "fit" by Rod and the new pad. Rod is top notch.
    Doug Allison

5. clayman51

clayman51 Member

I cannot say enough good things about Rod and his wife. They are truly two of the best people to deal with in the business.

Any time one of our youth shooters has gun fit problems I send him or her to Rod.He knows his business well!!

Dennis

6. snorris

snorris Member

Can someone email me Rod's number, I have some questions...thank you

Steve

7. Rods Custom Stocks

Rods Custom Stocks Member

My phone number is 419-347-6403 9-5PM

...........Rod

8. jastrapmaster

jastrapmaster Member

Rod has done all of my work over the years, he does the best work around and at a fair price.
    Jeff Sparks

9. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Great man, Great workmanship, and value for the dollar. You wont go wrong here.

Matt Nicol

10. mitchie17

mitchie17 TS Member

Rod is a great guy to work with. He's done all of my guns and does excellent work.

MIchele Heimann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.