1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rodney King Special

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Hawk46, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

HLN is televising a special tonight on the beating of Rodney King. Is anyone else as put off by this decision as I am? What redeeming social value does this program offer other than to further polarize and inflame racial issues?

This was NOT on par with the MLK assassination or the history of black progressive issues in America. It is merely a re-hash of an event that shouldn't have happened, but had little bearing on the progress of race relations in this country.

I have no interest in watching King be hit AGAIN by police officers. Did the issue not get enough coverage when it happened? Oh, I wasn't thinking. I guess or children need to see this "revolting piece" of American history.

American Lib Media sucks!

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Saw on the news the other day where he was cited again recently for driving without a license. What a role model. The beating should have never happened but its not a big historical event. It ain't the first and won't be the last.

Matt

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Rodney has been a disgrace to the black community. The same thing happens to lottery winners, they just cannot handle the new money

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    One of the seldom discussed issues with the Rodney King case was how a local major newspaper there threw a temper tantrum because the verdict did not meet their standards. So they published the names, addresses and places of work of all of the jurors. To me this smacks of a veiled threat to future juries, making it de facto jury tampering.

This is yet another reason why I take claims of the media saying they need to publish the personal information of CHL and FOID holders. The only purpose it serves is a political agenda to harass gunowners.

5. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Brian, I wasn't even aware of that. Doing so should ABSOLUTELY be against the law, even though it's probably available to anyone wishing to check public records. Like they say, "there oughta be a law.". To my knowledge that wasn't done in the O.J. Simpson case, so I guess the California lib media must have been happy with the outcome of that disgraceful verdict!

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Brian--Agreed and i also disagree with the jury speaking about the case even after its settled. Their meetings behind closed doors should never be made public. I think it puts in jeopardy the accused from having a fair appeal process. JMHO

Matt

7. cle

cle Member

The Judge for the SECOND Gov. Blago trial, set for May, has already announced that the names of jurors will not be made public until 24 hours AFTER their verdict is rendered..............

WHY????

Because jurors from the first trial complained that they were HARRASSED by the media after the first trial.

The "free press" doesn't give a D..... for courtesy or personal privacy, so long as there's "a story" and they can claim "the public's right to know."

8. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

"The same thing happens to lottery winners, they just cannot handle the new money"

You know cuban, there is a phrase for that.

Jb

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

So are they going to have a a special about the trucker that was dragged out of his truck and beaten by the black rioters?

More liberal media trash.

HM

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

All signs since it happened clearly support my belief that the cops stopped beating him way too soon.

-Gary

11. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

The media back then (1991,1992)just wasn't going to quit until they had a city or two burn. 20 years later, I'm guessing they are getting blood thirsty again plus if they can stir it up they figure it will help Obama's reelection.

The thing that ticked me off was that there were 2 or 3 other black men in Rodney's car. They cooperated and were never beaten. The media reported it as the LA cops just pulled poor Rodney over and decided to beat the crap out of him because he was a minority. If that was the reason why didn't they beat the others then? The media keep quiet about others being in the car and not being beaten.

If the media is successful in starting another riot, I hope someone tells the rioters that TV cameras are worth more than TV sets, and that news crews carry a lot of cash and jewerly.

12. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

Tell them that the TV crews like it in Hershey Hollow! That will make a story for them! When you're a TV prostitute anything to save your job goes!

13. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Duck, you're too funny man, that one cracked me up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.