1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

rocky boots

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by duckeye, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

I just had a very discouraging talk with these people. I have a pair of NEW boots 159.95 price that the sole is coming apart and I have had these boots since June and only wore them in the house to break in and all they want to do is 35% off a new pair That is horses--- and I told them so but that is it. so I will never buy another pair

2. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I had a similar experience. Rocky boots have an undeserved reputation for quality. I think they are just crappy!

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Their primary reputation is for sole separation.

4. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Had two pairs that I rarely wore that did the same thing. Never buy anymore.

5. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

I'm with y'alls...Rocky boots are crap and the company sucks. The soles broke off in chunks. Never will buy another pair.

Maltzie

6. ButchB

ButchB TS Member

Did you talk to the store you bought them from? Just a thought, they might be more helpful?
    CaptButch

7. spritc

spritc Active Member

Duckeye, go to sportsmansguide.com and look at their "GuideGear" boots. Great value for the dollars spent.

Steve

8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I've never tried any Rocky boots, and after reading this I'm glad.

I've used nothing but Red Wings for the last 20yrs and have had exceptional luck with their durability. I still use a pair of Irish Setter (made by Red Wing) boots for my cold weather shooting and upland hunting. I bought these boots 8 years ago and they are still going strong.

ss

9. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Funny - I've not worn anything but Rocky Boots since buying my first pair and discovering how comfortable they are. I wear a pair out in about five years and buy new ones. I use the 8,000mg ones that Bass Pro Shop sells for $69.95 to $89.95 when they have them on sale, which is fairly often.

My son hunts a lot more and wears his boots for a lot more things than I do but he gets three years out of Rockys, although the soles are chunked in that much time. He recently bought another brand that costs a lot more just to try them - I can't recall the name but for over $200, they better be good!

Ed

10. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I had 3 different brands, even Brownings that the soles separated from the uppers. All were purchased at Cabela's and all were made in China. They must all be using the same crappy bonding formula.

11. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Won't buy rocky anything anymore. Really cheap junk. Danners or Red Wings are the way to go. You can't wear out a pair of Danners.
    Bill in mI

12. Gregor

Gregor Member

Rocky Boots used to be made in Circleville, Ohio. They moved the production to China about 10 years ago. They are living off of their old reputation. What you experienced is common with them. American/Ohio made price $189.99 Chinese price $169.99 and you get a throwaway boot. Improper sizing is another problem with Chinese footwear. Box says size 10 and boot is marked same, but fits a size 7 or 12, you get the picture.

Damn shame what the sellouts in this country have done to once great companies/brands.

Gregor

13. atashooter

atashooter Member

Had 2 pairs of Rocky ProHunters ( 150.00 ea pair ) and both died of sole death syndrome. I bought a pair of Itaska boots from Sportsmans Guide ( 69.95 ) and 3 years now have been nothing but Great.

14. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Bought a pair about? 15 yrs. ago and same crap. Soles came loose within first year. No help from them. Told them to stick it. I had them resoled and they lasted another year. Wouldn't wear a pair for free. I have been very pleased with the Wolverines I have been purchasing since then.

15. wm rike

wm rike Member

Rockys were made in the US (Nelsonville, Ohio) until about 8-10 years ago, at which point all manufacturing went overseas. At that time less than 5% of the shoes on the US market were made in this country.

16. rcblaster

rcblaster TS Member

Yep there junk. Went to Cabelas Pinnicale and like them.

17. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I know that this is contrary to what some of you have said but as a Rocky and Georgia Boots dealer I haven't had but a few that were brought back with problems, sounds like yaw got all the bad ones. Rocky boots carry a one year warranty and must be taken back to place of purchase with the original receipt. All that have been brought back as described have been replaced at no cost to the customer at our store. I realize that we are in a small town and work hard to keep good customer relations. We sell lots of boots, especially the Georgia Boots and they have the same warranty. Sorry for all your troubles but you need to come to Blackshear Georgia to buy your boots and we'll take care of you. LOL Jackie B.

I've heard the fussing and moaning about not getting service, especially from the ones that don't have their receipt. It's required by Rocky and papers in the box tell the customer that. It's their way of proving warranty time. Why should they be accountable for your mistakes?

18. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Chinese Junk.I bought a pair several years ago and wasn't impressed but the guy's on the hunting show's sure do endorse them! What a joke!Danners are the best by far!!

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Russell Birdshooters. They keep a tracing of your feet in the files for ten years, and will resurface your boots forever. If you need a different style in another pair they will make them from the tracing.

Located in Berlin, Wis.

HM

20. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Buy some Danners. The Rockys are junk!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.