1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rocker-Pad....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ljutic73, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I looking for input from any of you that use the Kick-Eez Rocker pad. I'm getting kicked in the face since I lost 100+ pounds and mount my gun fairly high on my shoulder...always have, and wondered if the tapered pitch of this pad would be beneficial. I do not have adjustable combs on either gun....can't afford that expense (unless I buy the hardware and do it myself) and then there's the hassle of shipping anything "gun related" into the US for modification. I use KickEez 500 series pads on both my tournement guns now. Thanks in advance for any advise.

Ron Burr

Alberta

2. Hooked

Hooked Member

You could try a pitch spacer as well - might be a cheaper option than going with an all new pad - although it will alter your LOP just a bit though. Brownells sells both the Kick-Eez rocker pad and down-pitch spacers.

Brian

3. Mac V

Mac V Guest

It's one of several Kick-Eez pads I tried and I don't like it. It was designed for sporting clays shere the gun had to be mounted only after the target was called for and the design was supposed to keep it from snagging clothing. I find that it concentrates all the recoil force into one small area in my shoulder; it's the least comfortable pad I've tried, pitch spacers or not. I've settled on their Modified Trap design. It has pitch built into the face and a little judicious modification with a sanding disk makes it fit me just right.

Mike

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Ron, I have the convex Gooey pad (like a Rocker) on my Doubles gun but the Kickeez Modified Trap pad on the TMX and I like it a lot better cuz it always finds the sweet spot in my shoulder pocket. I have about 3 inches of down pitch on each gun. I'm getting a little tired of this weather around here.

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The Rocker isn't for everyone or every gun. I absolutely love it on my KS-5 Special but couldn't make it work on the M.32. So, it's kinda something everyone must try and love or reject.....Bob Dodd

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

thanks everybody....some good ideas!!

7. bgf

bgf Active Member

Ron,

I have one on a Rem 3200 and a X73. I am very thick thru the shoulders and need the rocker shape to mount. Concave pads dig into my armpit. Like was said above not for everyone...but for me the only style...period.

Bernie

8. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Brian has the right idea. Before a recoil pad style is chosen, it is best to get the pitch correct. If you do not, you could choose a pad, the main benefit of which, is to compensate for a stock with the wrong pitch.

Rollin

9. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Ron.... I just recently put a Kick-eez Model 400 modified trap pad on my gun and I have to admit it is the best fitting, and feeling, recoil pad I have ever used. Take a hard look at this pad as it may just have the design that will help you.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

10. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

I have one on my Browning XS Skeet gun. I like it a lot. It just seems to hit the pocket everytime without thinking about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

are rocker pads good for trap