1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rock Island double stack Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bigbore613, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Anyone have a double stack Rock Island 45 ? I want to try one and am looking for any info or feedback. Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS !! Jeff

2. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

I have a friend who bought one, nice mil spec 45, functioned flawlessly,no frills just solid defense gun, from what I have seen of his I wouldn't be afraid to try one fact is, my next big bore pistol will be a Rock Island 45.

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Tac driver.. no.. good mil spec dependable shooter YES..

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Thanks guy's. With that Merry Christmas to me ! And all of You !! Jeff

5. RJ

RJ TS Member

Just a little info for ya. Not really helpful in anyway but I am from Rock Island, Ill I worked over at the Arsenal and packed away many of the Rock Island Built 1911's. This was in 1968. Packed and sent some out to the troups in Vietnam then also. Packed some M-1 Garands built in RockIsland. Gee what I woulod give to have both of them right now. Some of these Garands had never seen action. The same goes for the 03A3 and the M14's. (Rich.inAz.orinnameonly)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rock island double stack