1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rock Crusher press and dies

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by K-GUNS, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

My sister called me about her co worker today-said she has a rock crusher press and dies for sale, asking 200 bucks. Not sure what all she has and I don't reload rifle or pistol-so if your interested let me know and I'll find out more.Thanks
    crab

2. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

crab - If you can send details to my e-mail address I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

3. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

John, you may be correct-I know very little about rifle/pistol loading and presses. Got this info from a cell phone conversation and it was poor quality at that so yes it might be rock chucker.I think she did say RCBS.
    I will get more info-thanks John....

SS shooter I will get more info.....

crab

4. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

it's a rock chucker press-RCBS
    some rifle & pistol dies .o6 for sure,
    scale,caliper,brass cleaner,bullet puller, and some primers.She is going to make a list for meif anyone is interested.

5. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

An RCBS Rock Chucker press is worth about $90.00 used and $115 new. Used common RCBS dies sell for $15-20.00 each. If there's a lot of extra's, $200.00 may still be a good deal, as the extra's add up if you have to purchase them all separately. Cabelas has a nice complete reloading kit with this press for around $250.00, but you still have to buy components and dies. My advice is to make the list, go to Cabelas' website, and add it all up what it would cost new, then knock 40% off and sell it all as one package to someone local. Make sure she includes every little accessory, components, and manuals, as some poeple leave out the smalls when they gather the components if they don't know better. The more the better.

6. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Thanks for all the info but it's not my press. My sister called me about it as it belongs to her co worker whose husband died and left it behind.She said she wanted 200 for everything and she talked to me for about 5 min and didn't know what all was in the basement. She noted several dies,scale,caliper,brass cleaner,bullet puller, and some primers. I think there was a brass trimmer and I'm sure there is more that she doesn't know what the things are called.
    I was just doing a favor letting people know it was available.
    I have her phone number and did email it to one person who showed interest. Maybe he bought the whole works, maybe not. Maybe she's asking too much, I don't know.If anyone has interest let me know by posting and I will forward her number to you.I'd post it here but do not have her permission to do that at this time.
    Again thanks to all for the info/imput.As of now I have not heard back from her on the list.

crab

7. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

OK, got the list-

1. RCBS press-rock chucker
    2. Powder funnels-2
    3. Bullet Puller
    4. Case Trimmer
    5. Powder Scale
    6. Calipers
    7. Powder trickler-?
    8. case cleaner