1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rochester Shooter

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by ljutic73, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Police in Webster, N.Y., say the man who lured two firefighters to their deaths in a blaze of gunfire left a typewritten note saying he wanted to burn down the neighbourhood and "do what I like doing best, killing people."

2. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

Local paper reporting Bushmaster .223

3. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

The first responders (volunteer firefighters) were shot when they arrived at the scene. One got to his car and called 911 as he drove away. I heard the 911 replay on the news last night.

4. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

I understand the shooter also had a pump shotgun. You can imagine what is coming next.

5. Cray

Cray Member

He was a convicted felon. Spent 18 years in jail for killing his Grandmother with a hammer.

He had a Bushmaster, Smith and Wesson pistol and the pump shotgun.

The local radio station only dwelled on the fact that he used the Bushmaster, and not the fact that he was a convicted felon and it was illegal for him to have a gun(s)!!!!

Now, their emphasis is on who sold him the guns.

The radio station never suggested that hammers should be banned! Cray

6. Cray

Cray Member

I just heard that the gun's were stolen! I hope it is true! Cray

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Probably came from that gun shop that was robbed a few weeks ago.

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Who let him out of prison? HMB

9. Cray

Cray Member

Probably the anti gun people. They would say that he served his time, so it's ok to let him out!
    If New York had the Death Penalty, two Firefighters would still be alive! Cray

10. aviator

aviator TS Member

I watched the event unfold across the bay from my home. An off duty police officer that was driving behind the fire truck used his vehicle to shield the victims. The first responding Webster police officer was able to return fire at the muzzle flashes and get the shooter to stop. The thinking is that he might have wounded the shooter and saved lives by getting him to leave his cover. I was at the scene this afternoon and the state police K9 units were sweeping the berm. I assume they're investigating the shooter's movements. The name of the officer who returned is being withheld as they investigate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.