1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Robinson Ranch ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FloridaTrapper, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FloridaTrapper

FloridaTrapper TS Member

Not quite sure what happened up there, but I understand that Marilyn and Bob Smith are no longer involved in the operation. Considering the amount of time they put in over the past few years, trying to build up that club, it seems a shame not to see them still there.

2. FloridaTrapper

FloridaTrapper TS Member

3. Damifino

Damifino Member

I know, we got the email from Bob a week or so ago. Don't know what happened.

Bob is a class act. He took the time write and mail a personal letter to my son after participating in the FL chain when it was there. Was a nice touch and ecouraging for my kid.

I think the club is hosting the FL summer championships.

4. 1881home

1881home TS Member

That place has been shooting themselves in the foot for several years. I don't think it was the Smith's fault! They advertised open hours, and when you drove an hour to get there and find it closed three hours before it was supposed to, it's a real turnoff! They raised their prices, when shooter count was declining. Not a real smart move! I hate to see it go, but sometimes, you just can't fix stupid!

5. cmptrwz1

cmptrwz1 TS Member

Well Noodle for a person who shows up at 1:30pm or later to shoot and that there hasn't been any shooters left to shoot with from 11 am because of the heat or the cold and staff just waiting around for you to show up try showing up at 9 o'clock and see how many peole there is to shoot with what club would stay open just standing around waiting for you to show up paying people just to stand around as you have been told that if you come early you would get in plenty of shooting so don't blame the club blame yourself the only person shooting himself in the foot is you. E-mails have gone out to all members and Tom has sent them out about our summer and winter hours and also stated if you have any questions you can contact any of the workers at the range and they will be happy to explain the hours of operation.

Good Heavens, what a pathetic run-on sentence or two. It would behoove you to use some proper English grammar and spelling skills if you expect someone to plow through the above diatribe. MODERATOR

6. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Dont have a dog in this fight but!!! Iffn you advertise hours of operation say like 9:00 am till 4:00 pm then those hours should be honored. any business that has hours of operation should be open during those advertised hours. If that doesnt suit your lifestyle then the hours of operation should be stated as 9:00 untill no shooters left or some such. Just not a good business practice for any business. If you dont want to stick around when the business is slow, be ready to field the complaints with a smile, and tell the patron to call ahead next time to make sure you are open. Just my 2 cents. been there done that. It can be expensive to keep the doors open but some times you just have to bear that expense

bob

7. ribbit

ribbit TS Member

To All who wished us well and offered the nice comments about Marilyn and myself. We were at the "Ranch" for six years and enjoyed the shooters very much. We met and made friends with many, many fine and loyal shooters. We wish you all good luck and shoot well. I look foward to seeing many of you in the near future. I will never forget the great support that many of you gave me, which did make my job much eaiser. If anyone cares to e-mail me about anything, my address is above.
    Thank you very much.

Bob Smith

P.S. I WAS NEVER RESPONSIBLE FOR SETTING THE HOURS OF THE CLUB.
    Marilyn and I built and ran the ATA program at the "Ranch".

8. 1881home

1881home TS Member

cmptrwhz - You obviously have never run a successful business. Let me give you some tips. "Without any customers, you don't have a business". "It's hard to sell from an empty cart". "Right or wrong, the customer is always right".

If your customers expect you to be open at the hours you said you would, why in the hell do you think they would expect anything else? If you say your open till 3PM, and a customer shows up at 12 Noon, isn't the customer right? Even if he would like to shoot by himself?
    Have you ever gone to Lowe's or Home Depot, etc., around 6PM? It's pretty quiet. According to you, its OK for them to close up rather than pay to stay open.

Hell you ought to go to work for Obama. He too thinks he can dictate what the car, bank and wall street customer will do.

No successful business has ever, or will ever, tell the customer what he will do, and that he will do it at the business owners dictate. Who cares if 500 people show up at 9AM? If your supposed to be open till 3PM, and your not, your not going to last! One individual does not have to do what 500 others do! If YOU like to shoot at 9AM, do I, or Robinson Ranch, tell you you can't because they don't want to open at that time, or that if you want to shoot there, you'll have to come in at 12Noon? No they don't!

It's time that you start respecting fair advertising (hours of operation), and consider what others want, as well as you! A piece of good advice; don't spend a lot of money opening a business of your own. With your attitude, you won't last, and you'll lose a lot of money!

9. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I have only shot there a few times the last three years but I was always pleased. Why do we have to try to find dirt when there may not be any. We are losing too many clubs to allow anyone to bad mouth them before we give them a chance. Bob is a great guy and did much to help the club. Lets give them a chance to keep up the good work.

Mark Zauhar

10. 1881home

1881home TS Member

Mr. Welden - My name is Jim Holian, OK! No I'm not anyone who has been asked to not come back. I made that decision myself! Medications? No, don't need them! I'm one of those people that take a person for their word, or their ad at face value!

I never did say that Robinson Ranch was not a good place to shoot. Are your meds getting the best of you? Maybe your hallucinating!

You don't think their shooting themselves in the foot! How come their shooter count is falling off? How come many of their former regulars are saying "they'll never go back"? How come their weekly ATA registered shoots are down to nothing? How come they said they were going to shoot wobble trap on a regular basis, and cancelled the second event? Either you run a gun club or you don't, it isn't any more simple than that! You do what you say you will!

You commented that ever since it opened, it's been a morning club. Thats great! But why then would you or anybody else run an ad in Trap & Field that your open until 3PM? That doesn't sound like just a morning club to me! Mayby I missed that day in Business 101!

I have no vendetta against Robinson Ranch. Four years ago, and again, three years ago, I e-mailed their web address that was advertised in T&F, and complained about driving an hour in each direction, just to find the place closed. I did get a return that said "this is my club and I'll run it the way I like". They should run that in T&F along with an ad!

All I'm doing is letting people know the other side of the coin. People like you would have everyone believe that this is a wonderful place that caters to the every whim of the shooting public, when in fact, they don't, and their e-mail response say's as much!

You said you've run two successful business'. Your coments here leave me finding that hard to believe!

Let me reiterate. If you can't take a person or business at IT'S word, or it's advertisement, it's not a good business. If they say they will be there, and their not, three different times, they're not a good business! If they're a business that you complain to ligitimately, in a polite manner, but with concern for your time and gasoline, and the response "it's my business and I'll run it the way I like", they don't have your interest or enjoyment at heart! Your money and My money is green, and spends anywhere. There's too many places that want the shooter to come and enjoy themselves, and can be trusted and believed in. Arrogance, and an independant attitude does not serve any business well. We'll just wait and see what happens to Robinson Ranch, but remember where you heard the story!

Jim Holian

11. t-bar

t-bar Member

Bob and Marilyn,

Wish you luck. Worked with Marilyn in Vandalia, great person.

Barb

12. flbuck

flbuck TS Member

John Holain,

Once again you write something that is not true.

I run the League and Wobble trap shoots at Robinson Ranch and have never scheduled the wobble trap shoot on a regular basis. I am a volunteer at Robinson Ranch club and schedule them when I can. I have never cancelled one that I have scheduled. When one is scheduled I send out E-mails when it is to be held. Even though it was pouring rain this morning I drove 30 miles to the club in case some one showed up to shoot the wobble league we were having today. My wife and I host the Web Site for Robinson Ranch and we never received anything from you, so I don't know who you sent it to?

When was the last time you were at Robinson Ranch. You write about 3 or 4 years ago. How do you know so much about it if you don't go there? I don't have you on my E-mail list.

Buck Fife

13. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

In my travels I've run into a number of shooters from Robinson Ranch and not one has said one bad word about the club. Always positive comments.

The owner was discussed at one shoot I attended this past winter. All I heard was glowing comments.

My wife and I had a conversation this past winter about attending a shoot and we decided to attend the clubs chain shoot in 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
robinson ranch gun club

robinson ranch trap