1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Robert hight wins Pomona

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by whiz-bang, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Congratulation first race first win. See ya in Brainerd.

2. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

I rarely watch anymore. Too corporate - big money, expensive cookie-cutter cars, dominated by about the same teams every year. Pinks All Out and nostalgia racing (on the rare occassions it's televised) is more entertaining to watch. Should have my nostalgia gasser coupe NHRA legal this spring - another expense issue I won't get into, they seem to think I'm running a 7-second car. Just MO.

3. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Conn.man: Austin retired so he can tune on his wifes nostalgia funny car. Rumors has it he has a bucket list. Birdtracker

4. goneracin

goneracin TS Member

I didnt know there were other race fans on here. I worked in a Pro Stock engine building shop for 13 years, which is where my user name came from.

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Been watching and reading about drag racing and hot rodding since 1959....love the nostalgia stuff....FUEL ALTEREDS RULE!!!......what they broadcast on TV is pretty boring expecailly NHRA stuff....Pro Mods from IHRA are more fun and stuff like Drag Week and PInks All Out are the real thing....

6. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

My 39 Chevy B/Gas nostalgia coupe street/strip. I built it as a Vietnam Vets tribute car. 500 HP 383 stroker, Dart Pro 1 heads, Milodon gear drive, Edelbrock Air Gap intake, straight front axle, 10-point cage, SW gauges, Mooneyes tach, TCI Streetfighter tranny, B&M shifter, etc. etc. Fun car, popular at the shows.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. TC

TC TS Member

Nice, one of a kind! Tony

8. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Really cool car, Tony. That's what hotrodding is supposed to be.

Jim

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Now thats what i'm talk'n about. What kinda times will it put up in the 1/4? Very nice and built for a very good cause.

Matt

10. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Matt, haven't had it to the track yet, still working on some NHRA safety stuff. Computer says it should go mid 11's, not too bad for street legal naturally aspirated - and fast enough for an old guy like me.

Dave
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

If anyone wants to see some great old gasser cars go to gassermadness.com and click on members rides. Some sweet rides there. Dave

12. goneracin

goneracin TS Member

now that is 1 cool ride. Very nice sir.

13. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

What has become of Ashley Force,I guess i havn't kept up to date with this years racing.I think Neff is in her car now ????.

Sandy Holehouse

14. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Sandy, I believe she is pregnant.

Dave

15. Danby

Danby Member

Neff is in Johns car racing and tuning it and John is in Ashley's car with her gang and tuner.

16. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Dave,Thanx, that was an Assumpsion but havn't heard or read it yet.I guess all the changes at ---TEAM FORCE-- hasn't hurt them to much !!!!!.Thank you for the info on whos in whos car also Danby.

GO BLUE OVAL.

Sandy Holehouse.

17. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Now Sandy... did you not notice my car above is a Chevy? :)

18. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Copperjohn, Coil was upset about a salary cut he took after 2009 and resigned Force after last season. He decided to take this year off, but he'll probably be back with someone next year. Wouldn't surprise me to see him and John kiss and make up for 2012.

19. 33 Willys

33 Willys Member

I didn’t see this thread till today. Last August when I was at the Brainerd Lucas Oil Nationals, I was talking with Robert Hight. I knew that he was an accomplished trap shooter, so I asked him what make of gun he shoots. He told me that he shoots a Perazzi. I asked him if he had ever shot a Kolar. He said that he has one on order and that on his was up to Brainerd he stopped at Kolar to look at the custom engraving they were doing on his receiver.

A couple of weeks after I got home, I was at Kolar getting a demo gun to try and asked Jeff Mainland if I could take a photo of Roberts receiver. It was still being worked on when I took this photo. I never saw any pictures of the completed gun.

For those of you who may not know, Robert was the 2009 National Hot Rod Association Funny Car Champion. As you can see it has his funny car engraved on the receiver.

Ken

[​IMG]

20. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Pretty cool Ken. That gun will bring a premium if he ever decides to sell it.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.