1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Robbery

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jack Frost, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

Sorry to hear about this. What a terrible thing to happen to a young lady. I think robberies are on the up do to the economy. Even scum bags are getting frustrated with the lack of money changing hands.

Make sure she she knows it's over and likely she will never be in the situation again.

J.F.

2. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Bank robbers will be caught sooner or later. When they are tried and convicted she will get to submit a victim statement that will carry a lot of weight when the sentence is imposed. If/when she is up to it, and as soon as possible, have her right down all the emotions she is feeling today. Pen everything down. This will help when the time comes to submit a formal statement. It will never be more clear as it is today. Her bank should offer counseling, and she needs to use it. I wish her only the best in dealing with this trauma.

3. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

I am so sorry that she had this horrible experience. I am so glad that she was unharmed. Kim

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

biggun,

My prayers to your family. As the previous poster mentioned, I hope the bank will pay for counseling. There is nothing like having a gun pulled on you. It did happen to me once.

Matt Woodson

5. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

BIGUNN:
    I have been in the banking business since 1972. just 2 years ago,i had a guy rob me at the bank i was working at. in fact the department that i worked in was robbed a total of 4 times. 3 times at a bank that i worked at in a bad neighborhood. when you get robbed it is very traumatic. your daughter in law will find that for at least a month she will be very cautious and aware of everyone that enters the bank, it's normal. the fear will go away, but she will always be on the look out. hate to say it, but when bank employees are robbed, it changes your entire outlook. you are not as trusting with customers. here is what happened after our first robbery at the bank. the next day all bank employees were on the look out for anyone casing the bank. it was winter and at 4:45pm it was getting dark outside. a man was outside the bank put his face up to the window looking in. i told an elderly mortgage secretary that i thought we were being cased, and she should call the police. i told her don't pull the alarm, because, cops would come with guns a blazzing in all 4 directions, just call them. she got scared and she ended up pulling the silent alarm. within a few minutes squad cars were pulling up all over the place. they took this guy by the neck and shoulder and smashed his face into their police car. they asked him what he was doing? he said my wife was making a mortgage payment and all i did was look inside the bank to see how much longer she would be. the reason i told you this story is because after you go through a robbery this is, you are on edge to say the least, and you watch everyone. it took 3 years to convict the guy who robbed me. the attoneys had him shave his beard, his head, anything to cause you to think if this was the guy or not. we use to say, nov.1st was the start of robbery season . like clock work nov, dec, were bad months for robberies. i hope she can shake this, if not, suggest another line of work.
    take care,
    steve balistreri

6. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

bigun,

Happened to my wife 4-5 years ago didn't think much of it till I saw her and her fellow employees and then it hit me what could of happened. You and yours are in my prayers thank God nothing worse happened! If they offer counseling I would encourage her to take advantage of it.

I have never understood how banks keep from being sued more by employees who have experienced these things and the banks could protect from robberies relatively inexpensively if they just would.

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Back in the 70s our local bank employed a crusty old geezer who sat on a stool by the door with a .38 on his hip. It took a man to rob a bank back then.

-Gary

8. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

When I was married my wife worked at a bank. One day I was going to meet her for lunch. As I pulled up into the parking lot I found the bank front door surrounded by police with they're shotgunds trained on the bank door. All I could think off was my wife (who was by far the prettiest woman working there) coming out the door with a pistol to her head. It was a false alarm. I made her quit the next day. Jim

9. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Biggun, your daughter and your fami9ly are in my thoughts. I'm usre that facing a gun is traumatizing. Thank fully she was not harmed and the trauma of the events will pass with time. I've been in her shoes many years ago and I still think about it once in awhile.

10. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Some how I am thinking that the gun used was a legally owned, registered to the individual robbing the bank, and bought at an authorized dealer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

robbery forums