1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Road Trip

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by calilori, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calilori

calilori TS Member

I'm planning a major road trip or two this summer. For the first one I will leave Central California around June 4 and I will want to be at the Arkansas State Shoot on June 13 where I will stay through that Friday and then I'll have to head back home to be at the California State Shoot on June 19, so anyway....I have about 9 days to get from California to Arkansas and I know I'd like to spend a day or two in Dallas and a day or two in Fort Smith....so where else would be a good place to plan to see for sure and hopefully shoot. Anybody have any opinions (like anybody on here ever has an opinion about anything!) about which route to take and where some good places to shoot are?

2. JRW

JRW Member

When in New Mexico stop and see White Sands National Park near Alamogordo. You will only be minutes from RoadRunner T/C a fine place to shoot. Jerry in MI.

3. calilori

calilori TS Member

Hey thanks for the info. I haven't decided for sure which route I'm taking but I'll put that down if I go that way. I would like to find a places shoot with nice people on my drive across. My goal is to eventually shoot in all 50 states. I'm not doing so well yet. I've only shot in 2 states so far so I have a lot to go, but then again I've only been shooting for just over 6 months. Anybody else have a "must see" for me?

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Sparta would be a great stop but it is just a little out of the way.

Have a safe and great trip.

5. calilori

calilori TS Member

Do NOT turn this thread into a debate about Sparta. I don't want that debate here.

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

A little touchy aint we? Heck ya cant even take a jocular type of comment without getting almost hostile?

Please forgive me ... I am sorry but I still hope you have a safe and great trip.

7. calilori

calilori TS Member

Not the least bit touchy. You obviously don't know me or you would know that I have a great sense of humor about most things. I just get sick and tired of every thread being turned into a debate about Sparta. Nobody is going to change anybody's mind, so they all need to just agree to disagree. By the way, I have every intention of shooting at Sparta at some point this next year, when it fits my schedule.

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

That is one problem that many and I mean many have on TS.com and also on the ranges we all shoot at ... most cant just agree to disagree and when that happens nobody shoots well.

So just how are you going to do this trip? Club by club along the way? Have gun will travel type of adventure blasting your way across the country.

9. calilori

calilori TS Member

If you come down through California stop and see us. I'd love to shoot with you. If I can afford to extend my trip after the California State shoot, I'd like to go up and shoot at the Wisconsin State shoot at the end of July. I'm off work from June 2- August 8, so I have time to travel.

10. J.P.

J.P. TS Member

Good luck with your trip. Just don`t take Oprah with you!!! Biggest fight in 21 years between Ms O and her "best" friend Gail. Ms Oprah is proving herself to be a royal b----h. Reminds me of Anna Nicole on her reality show. Dysfuntional but rich.

11. calilori

calilori TS Member

I'm definitely not a big Oprah fan so there is no danger there. It's just going to be me and my shotgun. What I'd really like to do is plan my stops so that I can stay in a safe place with friendly people and meet up with people to shoot with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.