1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Road side assistance plan needed

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by sernv99, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I would go with AAA over any other insurance "roadside assistance" plan. I have Geico and their plan sucks. Very limited, not worth the extra $$$.

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I pay .05 cents a month for mine.

Now we have a rider on our auto insurance that covers each auto for a few more dollars a year- roadside assistance

But

I recently changed my land line phone plan to a guaranteed for life price plan. The new plan however did not have inside line protection. I added that( it came to the same price total of the old plan). The lady asked if I would like to add roadside assistance and I wondered what the heck was this. I added it. The price- 5 cents.

I used it yesterday when the electronics crapped out on my vehicle. Probably something the dealer did. I just wanted to try it. Guess what? Quicker than AAA or my auto insurance. They all use brokered deals now.

If you want to pay more than a nickle it is up to you. There is a 100 dollar limit on towing.

But compare adding a rider to your auto insurance, this nickle plan and AAA

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I have had the deluxe AAA plan for many years. I have needed a battery. A long time friend is also on the plan. She gets several boost starts, a jug of gas occasionally, usually runs out the tows every year, and puts a couple on my card. A better deal for her than for me. "^)

The "Cadillac" plan seems to me to be worth the money if I need it. I prefer to have it and not need it instead of needing it and not having it.

Check it out on the AAA site.

4. g7777777

Wow- Shooting Coach- maybe you should buy her a new car, and one with a battery and fuel indicator.

Just Kidding

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

On Star is avilable at Best Buy for any Car now. might check it out. Allen

6. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I have had AAA Plus for years now, over ten.

I have been pulled out of ditches and fields several times (hunting and severe weather incidents). Been towed a few times. Been let in a few times. Had friends towed. Lots of good stuff to say about them, never bad. Just make sure you have your AAA number when you call.

AAA contracts the wrecker. Actually I believe the tow truck companies pay AAA to be responders to the calls the come in. The Plus plan I believe gets you towed up to 200 miles are year or something like that.

Definitely has my vote.

Nick

7. g7777777

Nick(Remstar) the AAA plan lets you get friends towed?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

8. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Well Gene I guess it is a matter of circumstance. I have called when I have been riding with people and we have had an issue which required a tow.

You could also call in saying that you broke down and had to continue on while your wife/mom/buddy stays with the car.

You do not have to register the vehicles you own with the company.

Nick

9. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Have used AAA in Canada and the US.

When I was in Canada and called, the US AAA representative stayed on the phone the whole time I was talking to the Canadian company they had a contract with.

Ten minutes after the call, helped arrived (401 near Kingston). Had a real bad blowout that I did not want to mess with on that part of the highway.

Last year used in Vermont. Dead battery at a gun club. I was the last vehicle leaving : (

====

I went with the Plus Plan.

By the way, does not matter what vehicle your in, yours or a friend when you call.

Put the number in your cell phone and have put your card where you can find it. When you call they want that ID number...

10. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Yes Gene, AAA covers any vehicle you are traveling in. I have to agree with Coach, had to be towed in a friends car 135 miles, paid for itself for years to come.

Robert

11. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me but in 57 years of driving I've never run out of gas, locked my keys in the car, had a flat, a dead battery or needed a tow.

Eric

12. quartering

quartering Active Member

neither have i. but i still carry $200 cash, a cell phone and a .38 just in case i ever do. good luck with it

13. quartering

quartering Active Member

oh, and all auto insurers offer something similar to aaa. shop around. good luck with it

14. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I have the Good Sam ERS. Have had to use it and it was terrific. Jake

15. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I have roadside assist with AT&T wireless $5 a month on my cellphone bill.

16. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

We have had Allstate for many yrs. only used it a few of times for blow-outs on the camper, I'm 70 & really don't relish the thought of wrestling spare tires alongside the interstates. Allstate was very good about TRYING to get us back on the road, but I kinda question their service contractors, slow & sometimes didn't bring what was needed, (this may not be Allstates fault) but they did get the job done. Ross Puls

17. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Mercedes Benz =Embrace/$300/yr---haven't used it once. Just like a parachute---it better work when you need it.

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.