1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Road rage driver on shooting rampage in Chicago

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by g7777777, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46383673/ns/local_news-chicago_il/

Not good

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

He pulled over to apologize? Yeah right. Not saying this guys deserves to be shot, but I am sure there was more to the story than what he is leading on for us to believe.

Bryan

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Thats how they apologize in Chicago, probably got out to pull the guy out of his vehicle and got his ass shot ... Poetic Justice ... Like they say in Chi-Town, "take that with you" ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I see that I am not the only skeptical one...pulled over to apologize my ass. As WPT said, was probably looking for a confrontation and he got it.

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Unfortunate that this kind of behavior exsists anywhere. The fact that it happened in the Chicago area only makes things worse for law abiding citizens. The guy may or may not have been stopping to apoligise my guess is not. I've lived here ( Chicago area) all my life and if you stop in this kind of situation your looking for a problem.

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Isn't it funny how a peson's attitude changes when an apparent easy mark fights back and gets the upper hand. I'm not saying what was done is right but like the rest of the comments I'm sure there is more to the story.

7. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

In New York We just flip you off and move on!

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Never..........Ever.............Pull over if you p*ss someone off while driving your vehicle.

Just get the heck out of there.

Chances are, he's going to forget about it just as you are, but........don't stop and talk to anyone. No need to rub salt into the wound.

Hauxfan!

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

First of all... its not Chicago its suburban Cook County and Lemont is an older rural town that is a haven for antiques, Cog Hill and some blue collar industry...

A older guy driving a Buick, sees the guy in his rearview and pulls over... maybe not the smartest move, but possibly sincere... doesn;t even get out the car...

As a victim of a gunshot wound, I'm sure the car was searched and the gentleman was run for wants and warrants...

Maybe the pickup driver was a vigilante-illegal... it's a non-no to drive in Illinois with a loaded pistole... even with a FOID!

regards all,

Jay

10. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

If Illinois had legal concealed carry, things like this wouldn't happen.
    No matter how pissed you get at someone, it's not worth losing your CCW over.

11. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

dickgtax,

I'm not following you. If the shooter would have had CCW he wouldn't have shot the man ??? LOL

12. 3357

3357 Member

Ithaca used to make something called "the roadmaster" to use in situations such as this.

13. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

MDJ67; You are following me because that is what I meant. Why do you think
    there hasn't been a rash of shooting all over the country since states passed
    CCW.

I don't know if you have one, but if you were carrying a concealed weapon, would you ever get in an altercation with someone over some little traffic
    matter, no matter how P.O.'ed you were.

I know I wouldn't - and don't.

14. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

An armed society, is a polite society.

Chip

15. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

And if people practiced manners like they are supposed to you wouldn't need to be armed!!

16. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

I take the stance that you always need to be armed period. You never know when you will need it. Its better to have a firearm and not need it, than to need it and not have it. I always carry when I leave the house, even if I am just going to the store for milk. I had an incident on Feb 3rd. I was leaving a shoot headed to a gun show going thru the center of town. I was on a 1 way street and an "Urban Youth" came out of a convienance store and turned towards me going the wrong way. When I stopped in the roadway, he looked at me and gestured for me to move, I leaned out my window and said " You are going the wrong way" He jumps uot of his car with a crowbar and yells "Fu** You Honkey". There was nowhere for me to go as traffic was stopped behind me, I was not about to let him attack me with a crow bar so he looked down the business end of my Glock 27. OH MY, his attitude changed but quick! He and his buddy "who had gotten out of the car" jumped back in, no longer wanting anything to do with "Honkey".

Just think, if it would have been some soccer mom with a car full of kids, or an older couple, what might have happened then?????

I do not care how much manners are practiced, you will always have animals like that to prey on the innocent.

Oscar

17. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Oh wow. BMF chest beating.

18. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Hey lying liberal, where is the "Whites Only" gun club????? And I notice you never give your name, Wonder why that is

Oscar

19. Psycho

Psycho TS Member

3357 It was called "Auto-Burglar"

20. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

dickgtax - I dont see how CCW helps any in this case. Something similar happened to my cousin (in georgia) after returning from war. A road rage incident and both guys got out of the car. The other guy had a gun, and my cousin didn't. He ended up with a bullet in his head. Georgia has CCW's but it doesnt mean the guy was carrying legally (as far as I know he wasnt). Just because a state has CCW doesnt mean it will keep things like this from happening. the law abiding citizens will continue to follow the rules, while the criminals will continue to break them. Move this same scenario to Georgia and it is like it would end with the same result. I'm all for CCW but I dont think it can be said to stop all scenarios like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.