1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RJ Website - Cardinal Classic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Simone, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simone

Simone TS Member

Is it my computer or is there a problem with RJ website not broadcasting the Cardinal Classic scores?

2. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Use the Java server, but in reality it still doesn't work well. Stays on one screen for extended period and then skips many screens. Can take seemingly forever to see the screen you are looking for. Better than nothing though.

3. YODA100

YODA100 TS Member

I must really be off the beaten track, I don't even see Cardinal Classic listed on Stuart's web site under shoot results nor on TS.com "Scores".

4. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Well, today is the first day, I wouldn't expect the winners to be posted yet.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Click on "Live Web Cast" and then "Leader board Java server". That will bring up the leader board which is all your gonna get right now because as stated above, "it's the first day".

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Days of instant gratification....

7. Simone

Simone TS Member

I think he is being paid for his services so he should be up-to-date. No improvements to his site since he initially set it up. Moreover, his services sucked at the Grand. The results and options took forever to get get posted.

8. over/under

over/under Member

You could read about it in Trap and Field in 2-3 months. And then you still wouldn't get the payoff list. I haven't read his contract so I don't know what services he is paid for!

9. Simone

Simone TS Member

I was there at the Grand and some TV screens were blanks rather then running the scores. At the shootoff only the last event of the day was running on the TV...an improvement will be to show who are in the in the shootoffs with scores.

10. over/under

over/under Member

Simone. at the Grand there was a list posted to the left of shootoff window. This list showed high scores and possible shootoffs for the days events.

11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"I think he is being paid for his services so he should be up-to-date."

When there are no events completed just how up to date should one expect the reporting to be???? It appears that he has the Cardinal Classic listed this morning with no problems. Of course for some that isn't soon enough!!!!!

BTW whether he is being paid or not it is the Cardinal Center headache not any of ours. We're not the ones paying the bill. Ultimately he only has to satisfy the Cardinal Center not the whiners on TS.com.

Bob Lawless

12. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

The winners of Events 1-3 are posted now with less the 500 entries .

13. BigM-Perazzi

Glad to see entries are up from last year.

14. mcv

mcv Member

ya'll want some cheese to go with your whine?

15. Joe Si

Joe Si Member

Ivanhoe, Historically, Stuart would post the winners on his website for events that he's cashiering. He even supplies a historical record for past years as well on his website.

I too am use to going to his website to see who's doing what, so I could report to my constituents in the State, in my monthly "Around the ATA"

I too can get the current leaders in an event at home here and not who was the final winners.

It is true, the live streaming of scores to laptop computers did not work this year at the Grand, it was the first time that it has happened to me since shooting at Sparta.

We're not all TS-Whiners, some of us are just stating facts.

Joe

16. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"the live streaming of scores to laptop computers did not work this year at the Grand"

I had no problem on my laptop at the Grand and even watched the live streaming scores on my IPhone a few days when i didn't bring my laptop with me.

17. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Joe you say "We're not all TS-Whiners, some of us are just stating facts"

When was it that you couldn't see the score until they came out in trap and field?? Not that long ago I assure you.

It would seem to me that today no one is satisfied with yesterdays scores today. Now everyone wants todays scores today. When the people that don't get what they want when they want it. This is what do they do.

As an example the shoot started the 17th the OP was posted the 17th at 3:11 PM was the shooting for the day concluded?? Were the score tabulated and ready to be posted?? Were there shoot offs? were they concluded?? Can anyone here answer these questions can you Joe. I would assume not or you wouldn't be so much in a hurry to see them posted.

I think maybe a little latitude in everyones desire to see score that obviously weren't ready to be posted is in order.

So Joe if not whining what would you call it??? Remember when things were ready to be posted they were posted the following morning. How can 12 hours matter to shooters that aren't even at the shoot.

"I too am use to going to his website to see who's doing what, so I could report to my constituents in the State, in my monthly "Around the ATA""

I wonder is this a news letter or bulletin of some type? If so it would seem to me you couldn't submit it for 2 more days that is the day the shoot is over.

Of course this is all JMO Joe but it reads to me like whining.

Bob Lawless

18. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

WOW, this thread is almost as bad as when the mighty David Shaeffer Jr. came on here with a holier than thou attitude. What is it with the entitlement and instant gratification mind set today?

C Prince

19. BigM-Perazzi

Hell, I want to see tomorrows scores today! Helps me decide on lewis's.

20. Joe Si

Joe Si Member

Ivanhoe, When I wrote the thread at 9 AM this morning, there was no mention of RJStuart being at Cardinal Center.

I just went to the site and all three days were there, that's what he has been noted for in the past, that's all I'm saying.

It was just not like him, that his website wasn't updated as to where he was form Wednesday to sometime Friday.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.