1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ripped off by Federal

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 686beretta, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

Checked the mail this afternoon when I got in and I recieved my wind jacket from the points program on the bottom of the multi-purpose packs that Wal-mart carries. The order form has no place to specify size. I enclosed a letter that said I need the largest size they had XXL or XXXL what did I get XL. I can barely get both arms and my head in it. Thanks for letting me vent. Have a great night.

2. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Maybe XL is the largest size they had and you got what you requested.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

3. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

That's typical of most promotions ;They only go up to large!You have to check into it before you invest the $$. Sorry for your loss!
    PJ

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Gene, he's a trapshooter... XL should be the smallest they have available.... *grin*

5. Nebraskashooter

Nebraskashooter Member

I will pay for the shipping if you want to get rid of it.

6. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Well, XXL or XXXL are not NORMAL sizes. They are plus sizes. It is understandalbe that the company did not have any that large. Unless the wearer is 6'6" and weighs in at 265, there is a cure for needing those sizes too. Most XXL and XXXL shooters I know rarely make 6' tall and the most exercise they get daily is pushing themselves away from the table.

Jeff

7. dverna

dverna Active Member

Jeff,

Most of the great ones are "great ones". I was planning on adding another 25-30 lbs. More stable platform in the wind. Maybe size does matter?

Don

8. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

If you're over 6'2" as I am, XXL is not a plus size but rather the only size that you're going to find that fits your sleeves and torso. Unfortunately, unless I cut my arms off at the wrists and cut a 4"section out of my waist, there is not cure. There are a lot of us tall guys now, 6' is the norm these days.

9. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

GoldEx... anyting under XL belongs in the Kiddee Section! Real men wear XXL and larger!

10. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

GOLDEX wrote""""""""""""""Well, XXL or XXXL are not NORMAL sizes. They are plus sizes. It is understandalbe that the company did not have any that large. Unless the wearer is 6'6" and weighs in at 265, there is a cure for needing those sizes too. Most XXL and XXXL shooters I know rarely make 6' tall and the most exercise they get daily is pushing themselves away from the table.

Jeff""""""""""""""""

With, "SEARS, J C PENNY'S, WALMART, TARGET, K MART AND ON AND ON AND ON..........................

Stocking XXL size shirts all the time! IT IS NOT! QOUTE!, " A PLUS SIZE"

Now if they would stockes the TALL sizes also I mite shop at one of these places more often!

Al

11. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Yeah, big rip off. I am sure all of those jackets are highest quality, Barbury, Patagonia, North Face, Fila etc. My gosh, it may even be made in the USA. I'd say you really lost out. Shame on Federal.

12. trackerdan

trackerdan Member

I once bought some nice Remington T-Shirts from Wal-Mart that fit me perfectly. They were mediums. That was very flattering. I'll wear those shirts till there ain't any thread left. Tee Hee Hee.

13. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I would suggest send it on to someone that can use it do you wnat my address?

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Interesting situation.

Regarding size, people are larger today. I don't mean fat, either. We had a resurrected shipwreck here that was a tourist attraction for many years, and one strange thing was the size of the bunks the sailors slept in. they were quite small. Anyone over 5'4" would have a hard time fitting in them.

6'4" was considered to be a very big man at one time. I have a son who is a size 4X and is 6'8" tall. (He had the good prenatal care, vitamins, checkups, the whole thing.) The other 3 kids are not that big.

Maybe Federal is using size guidelines from the undeveloped nations.

HM

15. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I think that the term "ripped off by Federal" is ridiculous.

Tom Strunk

16. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"I need the largest size they had"

If they sent you the largest size they had, you actually got what you asked for. The fact that it wasn't large enough to fit you is unfortunate. Give it to one of your puny friends.

17. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

I would contact Federal. I just checked their website and the two shirt/windshirt items they offer in their "premium" line come in sizes up to XXL and XXXL.

The promo items might not come that large but it wouldn't hurt to check with them. It could have been just a screw up by the person pulling the order. Like that doesn't happen somewhere everyday.

AJ100

18. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Thanks, I never thought of calling them and seeing if they just made a mistake. Thanks also for taking the time to look up their website.

beretta686

19. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Just got my order of 8 knives and 8 windshirts, yep that is 260 4-packs worth.

The knives are good looking and sturdy and the windshirts are well made and all XLs.

Too bad I don't have 16 friends. :(

20. acre44

acre44 Member

who wants to send me one of them there nice federal shirts? i will give you a couple of bucks for one.

Toad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.