1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RIP SMAJ Basil Plumley - American Hero

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Today we lost an American Hero! Sargent Major Basil Plumley US Army Retired, 92, who fought in the Battle of Normandy, Battle of Salerno, the entire Korean War and most notably the Battle of la Drang Valley, Vietnam made famous by We Were Soldiers. The photo shows him shaking hands with Sam Elliot who portrayed Basil in that movie. Rest In Peace Old Soldier.

blade819

2. blade819

I'm afraid that they are getting fewer by the day from that generation. However, I have the highest regard and respect for our new type of heros that we have in the Armed Services both male and female. God bless them all!

blade819

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I dont know about the army but in the Marine Corp we respected a Sgt Maj as much as 4 star general. My best friend is a retired Sgt Maj from the same rifle company as I and he recently passed. He had a chest full of medals, one hell of a man just Like Basil

4. blade819

Only one enlisted rank higher than SMaj. that's SMaj of the Army. A very respected rank.

blade819

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

His quote "Custer were pussy's" RIP Sgt Major- in the navy we say sailor rest your oars. All I can say is kick ass and take no prisoners-- you earned it.

Phil Berkowitz ICC(SS) USNR -Ret

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

basil plumley

plumley smaj
sergeant major basil plumley

sergeant major plumley quotes

sgt maj plumley quotes

sgt major plumley

smaj plumley

we were soldiers plumley