1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RIP - Sen Daniel Inouye - WWII Hero

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

We just lost another Great American Hero, Senator Daniel Inouye. He was one of the most decorsted GI's during WWII. Aloha !

blade819

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Saw that news flash on my IPhone but I wasn't sure who he was. Sadly we are losing that generation of Veterans and Hero's.

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Sorry to see that Generation leaving.

BUT he was of the same caliber as Dubin and Kerry.

Sad they couldn't stand up for what is Right for America.

When you take a oath to up hold the Constitution and then DON'T, you loose a lot of creditability.

I'll respect his service in uniform, but not as a politician.

4. MOP

MOP Active Member

Dan Inouye was a great man, not only for his service to our country during WW2, but also for his leadership during the sad Watergate affair. What we need today are more political leaders like him and Howard Baker and Sam Ervin. This used to be a hell of a good country because of men like them

5. blade819

timberfaller....sorry that this Medal of Honor winner HERO did not meet your higher standards. Probably didn't meet FOX's either.

blade819

6. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

My opinion is that of Timberfaller.

Regards and best Holiday Wishes..........Gerald

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Great American- received the MOH from Bill Clinton in an action long overdue

Regards from Iowa

Gene

8. philk

philk Member

Never one to speak ill of the dead but rated F by the NRA, good riddance.

9. blade819

yeah let's spit on the grave of a Medal of Honor Winner, WWII Hero just because he was rated F by the NRA. Hell his lifelong service to his country didn't mean anything! You guys are sick !

blade819

10. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Timberfaller (and others) on this one. Not to take anything away from his service, or the MOA, the fact that he was a screaming liberal and money-pusher in congress only distracts from that accomplishment.

I spent enough time in-service, and in military support organization to suspect a 45 year-after upgrade(from DSC) by Billyboy Clinton to have specious political overtones.

Before you resident-libbers start whining, yes, I read the citation - gallant effort - also repeated hundreds, if not thousands of times be also very brave men without so much as a thank you. RHIP, in this case congressional rank.

IMHO,
    Kip

11. blade819

perazzi2... Too young ? I spent 6 months in Viet Nam then the next 9 months patrolling the DMZ in Korea with the Second Div. Never I repeat Never bad mouth a Veteran, especially a distinguished Veteran! I dislike and disagree with John McCain. However, I ALWAYS honor his service and sacrafice for our country. You and R.Kipling discredit those sacrafices of a Hero because you don't agree with his politics? Shame on both of you!

blade819, US Army 1966- 1968

12. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

NO! shame on those who serve THEN thumb their nose at the Constitution they took a oath to defend!!

No matter what party they join or branch they served in!!

13. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I'll always remember him as a liberal Democrat first. A war
    hero second.

14. R.Kipling

If you read my post, I specifically DID NOT discredit his service, or his sacrifice. ONLY, and that means "the single thing", for you liberals, as to the manner in which his position was used (even if not by him) to upgrade the award. Just as John (pond scum) Kerry did to get his Purple Heart and Silver Star upgraded.

FYI, I spent 31 months(total)in I Corps, including the pre-Tet-67 hill battles and Tet-68, going in and out of Khe Sanh & the TAOR. You will never hear me compare my service, sacrifices or situations to those of our grunts on the ground. I flew above the absolute BEST!

Another FYI, read the web site I attached here. This Fine Marine, who gave all, is being denied the same consideration your esteemed Senator was given 40 years later. Or, Kerry, who was proud to announce that he "threw his metals over the fence at the White House". Only to recant years later, by saying "it was someone else's metals he actually tossed." Makes me toss my lunch!

Grow up and stop playing on your 6 months of draft-service. The VA is now paying you, again.........so you win just like all the other gold bricks.

Kip

15. ohiomike

ohiomike Member

Personally, I never much cared for his browbeating of Oliver North.

16. beeper

beeper Member

It seems to me that this thread was started with good intentions, to pay homeage to a WWII War Hero. But as usual, it became political and personal via the disgusting human beings named R.Kipling and his sidekick perazzi2. Throughout Kiplings postings on TS.com, he has proven himself many times over to be an insensitive, total Right Wing jerk who's "my way or the highway" ideaology is unfortunately standard with many of his Conservapuke friends on this web site. They can't even lower themselves to honoring a dead war hero. What a laugh! RIP Senator Inouye, MOH winner and WWII Hero!

the Beeper

17. SBray

SBray Active Member

beeper,

I couldn't agree with you more. It is amazing how some people will find any opportunity to dishonor another. I am a strong conservative, a former marine, and do not agree with liberal politicians on many subjects. I do however recognize another's accomplishments, especially acts of bravery in combat. I know there were some that were given medals for bravery that didn't deserve them. I can't help wonder if those that have chosen to slander Inouye do so out of prejudice that he was a Japanese American. As most know, the Japanese Americans were subjected to internment and other injustices, only to go fight for their country. The 442nd was the highest decorated unit in WW2. I could easily believe that some did not get the Medal of Honor because of their being Japanese Americans. I have attached Inouye's citation for the Medal of Honor. I don't know how anyone could read this and not see how he demonstrated courage so deserving such recognition. Keep in mind, the Medal of Honor represents the efforts of all those that sacrificed and found courage in the heat of battle. His medal symbolized what his entire group accomplished, not just him alone.

To dwell on a person's political beliefs, when a mentioning of their military sacrifice and service, in an effort to slander them, is an example of this country's most serious problem, the inability for it's citizens and politicians to work together and be willing to compromise.

Steve

SECOND LIEUTENANT DANIEL K. INOUYE, UNITED STATES ARMY, for conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty:

Second Lieutenant Daniel K. Inouye distinguished himself by extraordinary heroism in action on 21 April 1945, in the vicinity of San Terenzo, Italy. While attacking a defended ridge guarding an important road junction, Second Lieutenant Inouye skillfully directed his platoon through a hail of automatic weapon and small arms fire, in a swift enveloping movement that resulted in the capture of an artillery and mortar post and brought his men to within 40 yards of the hostile force. Emplaced in bunkers and rock formations, the enemy halted the advance with crossfire from three machine guns.

With complete disregard for his personal safety, Second Lieutenant Inouye crawled up the treacherous slope to within five yards of the nearest machine gun and hurled two grenades, destroying the emplacement. Before the enemy could retaliate, he stood up and neutralized a second machine gun nest. Although wounded by a sniper’s bullet, he continued to engage other hostile positions at close range until an exploding grenade shattered his right arm. Despite the intense pain, he refused evacuation and continued to direct his platoon until enemy resistance was broken and his men were again deployed in defensive positions.

In the attack, 25 enemy soldiers were killed and eight others captured. By his gallant, aggressive tactics and by his indomitable leadership, Second Lieutenant Inouye enabled his platoon to advance through formidable resistance, and was instrumental in the capture of the ridge.

Second Lieutenant Inouye’s extraordinary heroism and devotion to duty are in keeping with the highest traditions of military service and reflect great credit on him, his unit, and the United States Army.

18. R.Kipling

Well Perazzi2, it looks like I've successfully identified two more low-comprehension, knee-jerk readers. Oh, there I go offending someone, again!

Maybe this will help them?

"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." Patrick Henry, Statesman

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." Thomas Jefferson

When you two are done reread my posts on this subject, please point out any discouraging remarks on Inouey's actual warrant that I made. Not that this insensitive, raised Democrat/union, jerk expects quarter, or gives any to those not worthy. And, remember, you asked for this.

Then, when you're done, perhaps you could expend a few of your precious words to defend all the other average GI'Joe's and Mac Marine's? Who, like Sgt. Peralta's family have been denied the same honor for their life-sacrificing equally as gallant actions. (noted in my completely retaliatory but 'offending-to-you', post)

I wasn't the author of these good quotes, buy I'm cognitive enough to see their abiding values. And, further to act upon them.

J.Rudd Kipling

19. beeper

beeper Member

perazzi2...since you want to play "my Father is better than yours" I was in Tet and I am still serving the Government today after 45 years. My father was a war hero at least to me. Like me he wasn't an anti-gunner but a responsible gun owner who also honored those who served and gave. R.Kipling discedited Senator Innoye and also the original poster who is apparently a veteran also. So once again, you Conservapukes are basically alike. My way or the highway and I'm always right. Have a nice day. Both of you shame yourselves and your country.

the Beeper

20. R.Kipling

Once again, the libber'troll(s) can't back up their whining, sniveling, blind attempts at rebuke. There was no slight, never would be, only inconvenient facts. An important note here, is the deafening silence about Sgt. Peralta and his band of forgotten brothers. Your silence says it all.

Any bets that the next exchange will attempt to paint me as a 'racist'? Saul Alinsky lives. FYI, I've been on this site since '94 and I only post after my BS detector gets pegged. I always ask for facts, before, I post anything confrontational, and support my contentions with facts.

Once again, TS.com has proven, "you can't fix stupid". The only shame on this thread is their's.

Kip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.