1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RIP - Carroll Shelby

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

RIP Carroll. This man has done more for the American Race Car and Muscle Cars than anyone other than Zora Duntov. A true legend and American Icon who has survived with someone else's heart for quite some time. God Speed (literally)!

blade819

2. tachyon

tachyon Member

This is sad news. The Cobra was one mean beast.

3. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Right now is a special on SPEED that aired a short awhile ago originally. It was hosted by Dave DeSpain and it was great! Keep your eyes out for repeats of this show, if you appreciate what Carrol did for racing.
    He was still taking poeple's 'stock' Mustangs and "Shelbyizing" them per request.
    Amazing man!

RIP, Carroll.

Tim

4. lc

lc TS Member

Showing my age here, but I remember when he came out with the Cobras and watched them race with the late Phil Hill and beat the European cars hands down.
    His cars and ideas were way ahead of his time. Then he worked on the GT40 and what a car that was. If I remember correctly they were clocked at over 220 mph at LeMans.

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Just a hell of a nice guy too..the fact that he was a genius in building and marketing real muscle cars was just a bonus...although often imitated but never equaled..he had a heck of a ride here on earth..hope its twice as wild up above..RIP Mr. Shelby

6. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

A great Texan. AJ

7. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

He was great

My cousin bought a new 1968 Shelby GT 500, that thing was a screamin demon, he had to sell it when he got married and had kids, sure wish I could have afforded it, but I was in Jack's shoes

Wonder what that thing would be worth now

8. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I met Carroll at Monterey California about 10 years ago. Nice guy, visit with you all day. I went thru the Shelby-American Factory about two weeks ago, when we were in Las Vegas. Pretty cool place. He was a great guy. He sure put it on Ferrari's butt in the 60's. Sad to see him go. Did alot for Childrens Charities. Charlie Henderson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.