1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RIO Star Team 32's anybody?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SARGE75X, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Dont Know about the star team but I just picked up a few flats of Rio Papers. I am impressed

2. hairy

hairy TS Member

NSXER, have you chronographed them? If they really are much softer shooting than brand X, if might be because they are slower. I've never shot them but am always skeptical when someone says one shell is lighter recoiling than another.

3. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

I believe 32 grams at 1300 fps would not be an ATA legal load.

I tried out a box of green Rio Top Traps a couple weeks ago. Noticeably less recoil compared to the Super Handicaps I've been shooting. Both are rated at 1250 fps, and while I haven't chronographed either shell, I'm not percieving any difference between the two shells in how quickly the target breaks. I like 'em, and may buy a bunch to shoot for registered and practice handicap next year.

~Michael

4. jls7522

jls7522 Member

I am a sporting shooter and have shot a lot of the Star Team 32 shells. I think they are softer than the equivalent Rem or Win. I have not chronographed them so they may be slower, thus the reduced recoil. I do not shoot RIOs when it gets really cold though, seems like it might have some affect on them.

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Cold weather performance of some of the Rio shells is usually poor and inconsistent. That is due to the single base powder that they use. It's hard to ignite and the cold weather adds to the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.