1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rio shells not ejecting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by open choke, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. open choke

open choke TS Member

I have been using 2 3/4 dr 1oz 7.5 & 8's Rio's and like them so far they eject out of my 525 Citori just fine.

Now my friends don't like them one has a beretta beretta combo and the other a blaser combo.

Any reason why?

2. open choke

open choke TS Member

I forgot to mention they didn't wanna cycle in my 391 for skeet. But I know semis are picky

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

The O/U's may be picky, but you can fix your Beretta auto. Call Cole's Gunsmithing and get their red relief valve spring and a new action spring. A quick simple fix for this.

The RIO ammo is not going away. I am sure they will make improvements down the road.

CCI Blazer ammo was the pits when it first came out, is now very reliable and suitable for defensive use.

4. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

Having the barrel rechambered by Briley will solve the problem.

5. jsmj

jsmj TS Member

I've had the same problem. It seems the metalic base expands just above the rim whan fired, and that is causing the problem. The shells work fine before they are fired.

6. Danny870

Danny870 Member

you need to get a scotch bright pad for drimal tool and polish the chamber . Ace hardware has them.

7. open choke

open choke TS Member

Not sure my friend would want to do that to a 9000 blaser.

But at least I know now why this happens

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Most of the guns mentioned have chrome-lined chambers. Do not try to polish these.

Make sure they are clean.

9. MW58

MW58 Member

I have the same problem with this ammo in my K-80, and it was serviced just last year.

10. dls guide

dls guide Member

I am not going to alter or "fix" my gun so that it will shoot cheap Rio ammo well. I will just stop shooting the cheap ammo. Problem fixed.

11. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I had the same problem in my 682 beretta. I only shot 1 flat of the Rios and gave up on them. The Estate and Federal Top Gun works just fine. I don't think this is a matter of a rough or dirty chamber as it happens with the very best shotguns that are well maintained.

12. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Before I made a large order for Rio's, I bought 5 boxes and every shell ejected from my Ljutic. Ordered 25 cases, and every one stuck. Go figure. Worked in my K 80 just fine.

I'd get more, except, they are the same price as Federal Top Guns or Estates.

Tomas

13. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

For what it's worth I along time ago learned to spray silicone on the aluminum bases of light bilbs as I changed them???????????????

14. pjcodner

pjcodner TS Member

I have ran thru numerous flats of Rios and I have had this problem only when the chamber gets dirty. If I run a cleaning rod down the barrel every other week it they work great. We shoot them in our 1187, 870 and Citori Plus.

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rio shells not ejecting