1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RIo&Fiocchi primers??????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DecalDude, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I asked a similar question last week and I know there is a difference in diameter between Rio's and Cheddite, BUT How about the difference between Rio's and a Fiocchi?
    I wished I still had my calipers and mics but they were lost in boxws during a divorce which IF she still has them she aint giving back(or going to look for them either).

Thanks for all answers and I guess I best buy some new tools Ebay here I come.

THANKS AGAIN

Jerry Lewis

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Fiocchi 616 are closer to the Cheddite and smaller diameter than the Rios. They have a more cylindrical shape that has very little taper on the front end. All three appear to have different characteristics and are generally not interchangeable in the loading data.

3. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I am not worried about data. I have other bushings to change out for pressures. Just worried about hulls, I have 500 STS hulls on second load that I dont want to toss or have to sit on for long period of time.

Jerry

4. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Contrary to some of the experts here, the F primers are excellent but they are larger-.002-.003 larger than Rem, Win primers. I love them, but once I use them, I only use them again on those cases! PM me if you have further questions! Tom Rhoads

5. RioVistaBob

RioVistaBob Member

I have a friend that shot the other day some Rio Papers. He recently put new firing pins in his Kreighoff. After firing he had numerous with burned and punched primers with the Rios.

Anyone else had this problem.

Bob

6. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I loaded 5000 of those primers in STS hulls, 0 miss fires no issues at all and would have bought more if they were available.

Jerry

7. Limpy100

Limpy100 Member

I and 2 of fellow shooter are on our 8th case of rio primers.1 ftf and 1 ftf on a primer that was punched out of a bad hull.They are a little hotter than most which gives A little better burn. We all shoot light loads.T hulls can be returned to win and rem primers by depriming and resizing with mec supersizer.We just purchased 3 more cases.all have worked fine. Jwood

8. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Rio diameter was .245 and Fiocchi .243 primer hole awe crap cant remember. Had these 2 check with gauge lab tech at work and had the primer pocket checked and the measurements he gave me that after decapand sizer on my 366 would make it small enough to definately hold the primer in firm place. Loaded a box and they were great.

Jerry

9. T-Sobania

T-Sobania TS Member

I loaded 5000 rio's and needed new firing pins in my k-80 before the shells were all used. The firing pins were punching holes in 1 out of 10 primers. I still like these primers for cold weather hunting loads.

Tony Sobania

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

are fiocchi primers bigger or smaller than us

fiocci or rio shotshell primers

rio primers cold weather